Minelab GP3500 tips, settings, questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where in NSW are you - someone might be able to check it first?

Wasn't meaning to get someone other than Minelab to check it as far as a service but someone could check to see if its working ok that has experience with the detector.

wags76 said:
Thanks for that.

For under $200 and a spring clean I guess I cant complain. I'll know that all is good then. That's if it is good! I don't have any concerns. Just the fact I read detectors are serviced and I'm thinking why. I understand if there's a fault but other wise I was not sure why. But now I do.

I'm in the Balranald area of NSW. Do you know any one that checks them here?

Thanks again :D

Service Department for Minelab is in Adelaide - I brought mine in by foot and picked it up too. Excellent service

mbasko said:
Where in NSW are you - someone might be able to check it first?

Wasn't meaning to get someone other than Minelab to check it as far as a service but someone could check to see if its working ok that has experience with the detector.

I don't know any one who detects. I can back to NSW after buying and using it in Kalgoorlie.

As far as I can tell it works fine. I never found gold but I did find rubbish. Bullets and nail.

I contacted Minelab to service my 3500 before
modding.

Was told if its working not much can be done so i
Did not send mine in.

Wolfau said:
I contacted Minelab to service my 3500 before
modding.

Was told if its working not much can be done so i
Did not send mine in.

OK thanks Wolfau.

Well at this stage I think I'll save my money and not send it.

As I said to mbasko I found rubbish with it last time I used it. I will go and play with it out in the paddock this weekend. Not that there's any gold out there but plenty of rusty wire but at least I'll know its working.

Thanks everyone for your advise and comments to the newbie :D

Just buy a nugget as a test piece is my suggestion.

Another thing allow 10 to 15 minute warm up time.
You can use it straight away after switching on but
You will notice a difference after 10 or so minutes.

Mine runs better once it warms up and have had
feedback From a forum mrmber who runs a standard
3500 Who has had the same experience.

Good luck with it.

If you spend a bit of time playing with the Manual Tune, you will find a sweet spot for your area.
In the hills here, it was turn it all the way left until you hear the beeps, then 2 and 3/4 turns clockwise.

Just wondering what coils the 3500 users out there are having the best success with,I've been told the coiltek 14"dd pro elite is one of the best ones,just gathering info as I'm up for a new coil soon?

Hi Bigjilm when I had a 3500 I liked using a NF 14X7 fibreglass coil and I am still using a 14x7 NF but a advantage on a 45 I even used it on a gp extreme I had 2 years ago I am very happy with the way they preform regards john :)

hi all,

Bigjim, I run a 3500 with a round 16" Coiltek Mono, it never comes off the detector :) its sensitive on sub grammers yet big enough for patch hunting. I also have a signal enhancer and a upgraded battery system that runs at 6.7 volts.

I would upgrade your battery and purchase a good signal enhancer before buying to many coils.

did it come with many coils when you bought it?

Jim & Kerrie

just remembered another excellent coil is a 12x15 minelab they were on special at miners den .you can get them in mono and dd they are a heave coil that's the only thing against them.we had one using it on a 35 and a extreme at Bendigo in a weeks detecting we had 29 gr of gold .just another choice regards john :)

Anyone compared an 11" Mono to a 14x9" nugget finder? Theoretically they should be roughly the same, but that isn't always the case.

Just thinking the 14x9" may be a sweet performer on the 3500.

the new razorback coils for minelab are a must have even though they are new to the market they have been tested and proven to out perform all others..you can get these on e bay under razorback coils if your interisted

I use the razorback coils on the whites' there a "must try" for the Minelab! Get a buddy together and go halfs to trial one.
Also could contact Brian Batesman if he is traveling close by he will let you test a few.

Latest posts