Victorian Newbie - question on purchasing detector GPX 5000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a quick update for those interested.

I went to Maryborough over the weekend and did a day's training session with Coiltek. Had an absolute ball. Found heaps of metal but sadly no nuggets.

Can't speak highly enough of the boys at Coiltek. Really great guys - very genuine and not looking to fleece you if you drop by for a chat or a browse or one of their training days.

So if you're looking for some advice or wanting to understand your metal detector a little better - I highly recommend them.

Last edited:
Just a quick update for those interested.

I went to Maryborough over the weekend and did a day's training session with Coiltek. Had an absolute ball. Found heaps of metal but sadly no nuggets.

Can't speak highly enough of the boys at Coiltek. Really great guys - very genuine and not looking to fleece you if you drop by for a chat or a browse or one of their training days.

So if you're looking for some advice or wanting to understand your metal detector a little better - I highly recommend them.

They do make some excellent coils and have very good aftermarket support however if you have the original 11" Commander mono (that's the one with the round cable) it's one of the best coils out there.

They do make some excellent coils and have very good aftermarket support however if you have the original 11" Commander mono (that's the one with the round cable) it's one of the best coils out there.
Fortunately I do have the original 11" Commander Mono. It's the one I was using on the weekend. I'm no expert, but no complaints with the coil. Hit plenty of targets.

Latest posts