Minelab Equinox tips and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are areas up here, where I can dig 40 bits of rust for 1 bit of gold, and there is still lots of good gold there to, its just the junk drives me mad! VLF,s cant handle the ground sadly....althogh, i would like to try a newer vlf and see?
Or wait until someone starts selling a pi that can discriminate!

The ML dealers over here now put some truly great packages together with their other machines too, So the future looks good for minelab and with these new machines they could be hitting record sales,

They have about 4 different CTX packages, and 3 X-terra 705 packages and 3 Safari packages plus their PI deals, and they have dropped the price of the Zed by about $1600.00.

I can't find any Equinox deals so we will have to wait for that one.

J.

hAyyoUinAU said:
So the 800 comes with a wireless module as well as Bluetooth headphones.

Bargain. Wonder if it is the Pro Sonic
They said it will come with WM8 wireless module so I'm thinking it will have it's own proprietary module like the CTX (WM10) & GPZ (WM12).
No doubt the Pro-Sonic will also work on it too.
The Bluetooth apparently has aptx codec (low latency) & will work with any Bluetooth headsets but those that have aptx will work best.
I think my plans for a Gold Monster have been shelved :D

Heatho said:
Crap John, we have some extremely iron cluttered sites, especially in old mining areas, not to mention modern parks with severe junk infestation. We need fast detectors that can sort the trash as much as anyone else. If you're ever in Sydney I'll take you to my fav spot for a go and see what you think of the trash.

I also showed you on that video I did that the CTX is not as slow as you claim, I think all you do is read other peoples biased reviews and watch dodgy youtube vids, I had a cracking hunt this morning with my CTX, anyway you probably wouldn't be interested in that. Watch my vid again mate.

Anyway I'll probably get an Equinox as it is totally different to the CTX and will complement it beautifully. :Y:

You detect in 250 years of junk, I detect in 5000 years of junk where I can hit 40 or 50 targets or more in one sweep of the coil that covers hundreds of acres, So you know very little about it.

One thing you will notice when you use the Equinox is how good Minelab single frequency machines are, The best deep single frequency machine I had use was the Minelab Musketeer Advantage and I only changed brands for two reasons and one of them was because they stopped making the Musketeer, Until that point every thing I owned was Minelab, I even use to order my Hats from them at a Dozen at a time, and if it had minelab on it I bought it and I did that for years,

I do not have an Issue with ML, But it did "P" me off that they took away the one machine that could run rings around all other brands adding to the fact of being lied to by dealers where profits were more important than the facts, But since then I have changed to a machine that behaves very much like the Musketeer with the bonus of having a Screen with a VDI readout.

You are welcome to come here and I will put you up and take you detecting 7 days a week, You won't need money or food etc, but trust me when I say that most of my sites are like detecting in a Blacksmiths shop. and the Sovereigns and Explorers and Etracs etc struggle, And the only 705 I have seen since they came out was on TV.

I would love to go back to using ML machines but up until now they have not released a machine that can deal with all the crap here and they took away the only one that could.

J.

"where I can hit 40 or 50 targets or more in one sweep of the coil that covers hundreds of acres, "

umm...we can do that here too....just saying :D

madtuna said:
"where I can hit 40 or 50 targets or more in one sweep of the coil that covers hundreds of acres, "

umm...we can do that here too....just saying :D

Yeah it does not sound like much but that is in the cleaner areas,

Australia has Mineralization and the UK has Iron Crap, In the area I live in it is that bad that regardless of the size of the coil I can't even ground balance the machine because of the junk, where there can be 100s of bits of junk within a couple of feet.

madtuna said:
umm....we have that here too.....just saying :D

Yep, This is why the Equinox is so important,

Tesoro were the machines that always produced the best results and then came XP, and then Nokta started to get good results, So I think that the Equinox will be adopted in their thousands and because it is a Minelab I expect there will be a long waiting list like we have not seen for a long time.

J.

Tathradj said:
Must be out of bed early this morning John. :D :D

Yeah I got up at 2:30 am to get all my chores done so I can watch the Singapore F1, It start at 12:35 lunch time and with Daniel 3rd on the grid it's going to be a nail biter.

J.

Ridge Runner said:
Heatho said:
Crap John, we have some extremely iron cluttered sites, especially in old mining areas, not to mention modern parks with severe junk infestation. We need fast detectors that can sort the trash as much as anyone else. If you're ever in Sydney I'll take you to my fav spot for a go and see what you think of the trash.

I also showed you on that video I did that the CTX is not as slow as you claim, I think all you do is read other peoples biased reviews and watch dodgy youtube vids, I had a cracking hunt this morning with my CTX, anyway you probably wouldn't be interested in that. Watch my vid again mate.

Anyway I'll probably get an Equinox as it is totally different to the CTX and will complement it beautifully. :Y:

You detect in 250 years of junk, I detect in 5000 years of junk where I can hit 40 or 50 targets or more in one sweep of the coil that covers hundreds of acres, So you know very little about it.

One thing you will notice when you use the Equinox is how good Minelab single frequency machines are, The best deep single frequency machine I had use was the Minelab Musketeer Advantage and I only changed brands for two reasons and one of them was because they stopped making the Musketeer, Until that point every thing I owned was Minelab, I even use to order my Hats from them at a Dozen at a time, and if it had minelab on it I bought it and I did that for years,

I do not have an Issue with ML, But it did "P" me off that they took away the one machine that could run rings around all other brands adding to the fact of being lied to by dealers where profits were more important than the facts, But since then I have changed to a machine that behaves very much like the Musketeer with the bonus of having a Screen with a VDI readout.

You are welcome to come here and I will put you up and take you detecting 7 days a week, You won't need money or food etc, but trust me when I say that most of my sites are like detecting in a Blacksmiths shop. and the Sovereigns and Explorers and Etracs etc struggle, And the only 705 I have seen since they came out was on TV.

I would love to go back to using ML machines but up until now they have not released a machine that can deal with all the crap here and they took away the only one that could.

J.

John I take it that you didn't see my latest video where I detect a coin directly under a piece of iron with the CTX set in the ferrous-coin target separation setting...... Just saying. I'd be happy to use my CTX in iron trashy ground, I've become pretty good at using it ya know. :Y:

Farout, 2018 for the Equinox..... Oh well, by then I'll be able to pay for it twice over with goldies from my honey hole. :D

Anyway I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Heatho said:
Ridge Runner said:
Heatho said:

J.

John I take it that you didn't see my latest video where I detect a coin directly under a piece of iron with the CTX set in the ferrous-coin target separation setting...... Just saying. I'd be happy to use my CTX in iron trashy ground, I've become pretty good at using it ya know. :Y:

Farout, 2018 for the Equinox..... Oh well, by then I'll be able to pay for it twice over with goldies from my honey hole. :D

Anyway I'm definitely looking forward to it.

No Sorry mate I did not see it where was it posted ?

Latest posts