Minelab Equinox tips and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know. :(

Well at least all the bugs will be tuned out by the time we do get it. I am still going to put my deposit down early and beat the rush in case there is one.

Should have some field test videos uploaded within next few weeks. That will be interesting too.

hAyyoUinAU said:
Minelab have emailed me.

It is set for February 2018.
Disappointed. Ah well might get a nokta/makro whilst waiting the (nearly) 6 month wait. At least it will be out before Super Troopers 2 so that's something I guess.

And faster than the Deus.

:) Well done again. I'm guessing this February release will be brought back earlier by the sounds of the interest this machine is receiving.

Well it certainly sounds like a good machine, but I guess time will tell.
But there/minelab certainly are very smart by doing it this way!, show us what there new
detector will do and also that it's a great price and get everyone keen and interested
but then say it's not going to be released for approximately 6 months! So they've
got us wanting it and putting pre-orders in upfront and therefore Not buying another Competitors detector before they've actually released it! Pretty smart on there behalf!!.
But the only thing that you wonder a little, is Why it's over half the price cheaper of
minelab's best VLF detector out there? There obviously not trying to compete directly
against the CTX or GM1000 because that just doesn't make good business sense,
so as Heatho said it will complement other detectors we may already own, and will
without a doubt will be a good detector as per usual.
It'll be great to see some videos of it in action and how it works to get the best
out of it to answer some of the many questions I'm sure lots of us want to know.
Anyway should be interesting, and also what other competitors do to try and compete
against it!.
Watch this space

It might be available a bit earlier. I will let you know as soon as I hear back from them.

Great price too.

Anyways. About to take the kids and ZED on a GOLD trip out West. See you all soon, hopefully with some nice finds

May need to SHELVE / move the Notka Fors Gold Plus on and look at the EQUINOX 800 and a ProFind 35.

Sounds like an Xmas present for me...

Any takers for a near new Notka Fors Gold Plus :)

hAyyoUinAU said:
And faster than the Deus.

:) Well done again. I'm guessing this February release will be brought back earlier by the sounds of the interest this machine is receiving.

really faster than the deus? I call BS, until I see it for real ;)

hAyyoUinAU said:
It might be available a bit earlier. I will let you know as soon as I hear back from them.

Great price too.

Anyways. About to take the kids and ZED on a GOLD trip out West. See you all soon, hopefully with some nice finds

I was terribly mistaken. I thought the release was the actual unit, not a prototype. If the Equinox is available when the AT Max comes out then I'll have one...otherwise I'll go the Garrett. :lol: If I don't I fear I'll be forever waiting for the next big thing to come out! :)

What size is the standard coil?
It's definitely got my attention as it looks to be a great all round detector.

hAyyoUinAU said:
Pretty sure its a 12inch. They will release extra coils for it as well, but the standard coil will be the more universal.
Sounds like a good size for a standard coil, I heard in the video that they'll release a 6" and a 15x12" but didn't mention the standard coil.

Thanks hAyyoUinAU :Y:

ProspectorPete said:
hAyyoUinAU said:
Pretty sure its a 12inch. They will release extra coils for it as well, but the standard coil will be the more universal.
Sounds like a good size for a standard coil, I heard in the video that they'll release a 6" and a 15x12" but didn't mention the standard coil.

Thanks hAyyoUinAU :Y:

No worries. Yeah you are right. They didn't. The 12" is an estimate but seems about right considering the other 2 options they will be releasing. Maybe 10" but even then it's still decent enough.

Hopefully the release date is a worse case scenario and they come on the shelves in time for end of year. Never know.

Latest posts