Lesson e facet machine

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Any one know of these
Rough to cut ,Barney ,any thoughts or knowledge on these ?
Cheers

1444532246_image.jpeg

* Accurate digital read-out system
* Positive lock fine incremental adjustment ( cheater ) system
* heavy duty quill and head with flex free mast
* accurate fine height adjustment mechanism
* variable speed motor with duel voltage circuit, 240V AC, 12v DC power sockets fitted

That's all I got from a .pdf

Sat with the maker,designer ,he has fixed and used machines for the last 40 years ,this is the Sh:t.
Lifetime warranty full stop.
He only lives 5 km from my pad ,excellent
Mine will take 1week to build from scratch ,he will cut my first stone and give lessons if needed,
It will come with Chinese wheels a full set ,and 1copper and 1 tin for my sapphires when I get good with Quartz ,stay tuned for some pics.
The only thing that comes close ,cost about 10k right.

Any way it is my risk .
By the way anyone want to buy my SDC ,ONLY A FEW HOURS WORK

Good on ya mate, I bought a cheap one not long ago to give it a whirl but still gotta sit down with this bloke who can teach me some. Certainly is a fun machine though to cut gems up on, digital would be great as well. Mind if I ask what price it will cost you roughly for the build?

I had an influence in this machine and introduced len to the digital readout he uses. But that's all the influence I had. I personally don't like the motoring system or the thin mast and high disc platen. I find neck and back strain on machines that sit too high. I have someone coming over this week that has one and wants to buy laps. Hes thinking of trading it in for a Gemmasta. Its still a reasonalbly accurate machine and functions OK.
Three things are important to me as a professional facetor.
1. It must be 1/3 HP and capable of 2000RPM.
2. It must have a good ridged mast 1 inch diameter to take other machine attachments. ie Gemmasta performer. (I think Len makes one)
3. Eurgonomicle height of machine so it can easily operate at a computer desk with a normal desk chair. The majority of a stone is cut at around 42 degrees.

Over 37 years of faceting both diamond and coloured stones I have used most brands of faceting machines. Its takes me one stone to master a machine and so far the ultratec is my favourite for engineering and accuracy but fails the motoring test. Gemmasta is my production machine. I used a graves left hand for two years. It incredibly under powered,but functional.
try the machine for a full stone then make a decision.

Regards Anthony

Thanks for your reply ,
I did notice that the machine ,Lens personal is set on a low bench .
Sitting at it seemed fine ,with the stone right in your face ,if it was to be on a normal desk (yes it may be high.)
I will check out a few things that you have pointed out ,and ask some questions .
For me only cutting as a hobby ,atm .it is very hard to let big money ( ultra tech ,)go .Lens machine will get me cutting on a new machine.

hope I will be happy with my purchase,only ever cutting on a ihashi /removable hand piece,with me standing at a bench for hours in 40 degree heat ,with a fan and a beer.ha and I still quite enjoyed the challenge.

Thanks again

Lens a good engineer so he can make some modifications. Talk to him about it. You can come and see me at my factory to see my cutting ideas. PM me.

Regards Tony

Latest posts