June long weekend

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pauly

Paul
Reaction score
Hi all

Whos planning to be prospecting over the june long weekend. Dont know where we will go yet but hopefully it will be somewhere where there is gold and hopefully sapphires.

Whats everyone else planning.

I'll most likely be heading to Nundle for an overnighter. This weekend I'm going on another day trip to test pan a new location, so if all goes well that's where I'll be on the June long weekend :D

I am off to Ophir with the Ditherer for a 5 day stint. Frankly I cannot wait to get out there. Got myself a mate to help with the shovelling too this time!

Depending on the CEO I'm hoping to spend one day panning with the family at one of the Creswick Regional Park picnic grounds and one day detecting somewhere near Ballarat.

If anyone wants a detecting buddy send me a PM.

AU

im hoping to get to nundle to freeze my arse off and go prospecting for the first time.
good luck with it

You can be sure it will be cold at Nundle. We were at Glenbawn last year and it was bloody cold.

Hi All,
I'm off to my secret spot down Braidwood way for 4 days to to hit the crevice's. I have some new gear to help me and I'm keen to try it out.

I will be staying at my mates place so I won't be freezing my ass off camping, thank god.

Hopefully the water will co-operate and stay low.

Cheers
Mick

Colin&Lee said:
Thinking Tuena ;)

Cheers

C&L :)

I am thinking to go to Tuena too. However I have no knowledge in that area apart from the camp site. I went to Tuena once before (and was my first time) but no luck. I still wanna try Tuena again but dont know where to try apart from the camp site as I found most of the area are private property and I dont have a 4wd drive so cant really drive on unpaved road...

Otherwise I am thinking either go to somewhere between Sofala and Hill End or Shoal Haven again (Just went there on last Sun and my legs are still sore)

Hi Malau,

Not having a 4x4 kind of limits things a bit. Even with a 4x4, I still end up with sore legs ;) always wondering whats round the next corner or over the next rise. There's plenty of gold in the creek near the camp grounds and up near Limestone creek at the other end of town. We're still not sure what we're up to yet, working out what we're up to this weekend ;)

Cheers

C&L

i'll be fixing trucks and fossicking for coal that weekend...any takers???

bisho said:
i'll be fixing trucks and fossicking for coal that weekend...any takers???

G'day

Fossicking for coal Bisho? Like shooting fish in a barrell in the Hunter :)

Cheers

Chimpy

I usually come from BRAIDWOOD and turn off just before snowball,, there's a heap of old mine shafts down that way but it can be tricky to get there

Latest posts