Is it Wrong to ask Where ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me it is,
"Somewhere between Sydney and Melbourne."
But you may like to try over there in that spot.

If I ask " where they got it " , what I want is which state or within 500 km .

I don't want to know exactly where coz it's just plain rude to ask.

It's like asking a mate if he could send his missus over to lighten my load in oral inspiration.... It's just not done

Well after asking members here about prospecting areas in the local area they live with no reply along with experiences from time spent recently at a major gold area one learns very quickly the do's and don'ts . No big deal as they say such is life, but funnily enough their attitude / lack of sharing may be cutting them off from far more info and opportunities than they in fact even have to offer ?
As an example the person who has just been snubbed may have access to 500 acres of private land in the GT that has never had a detector swung over it ? Food for thought perhaps ? Attitude in how one asks no doub't has a large part to play but then attitude in reply can be just as important one would think ?
:)
1463349640_secret_squirrell.png

There's always that to consider Blogger.
But when I'm nice to someone or have a chat with a bloke it's not for the off chance that they may have something to offer.
If your only being nice to people because they might have something of value you won't have friends very long.

I'll share if I like the person and they asked nicely and I can see they have already put some effort in to the search.
But otherwise no.

LC76 said:
There's always that to consider Blogger.
But when I'm nice to someone or have a chat with a bloke it's not for the off chance that they may have something to offer.
If your only being nice to people because they might have something of value you won't have friends very long.

I'll share if I like the person and they asked nicely and I can see they have already put some effort in to the search.
But otherwise no.

Not what I was implying in anyway was simply trying to say that the person being arrogant and rude may very well only be costing themselves ?
My old mum used to always say god bless her soul "manners are free"
Personally nice to whom ever until given a reason to be otherwise :)

I'm happy to have a friendly chat to any decent person I meet. But when they spot you and you clearly see they were going on then turn in and all they want to know is "have you found anything" ...... Vultures maggots. I go all Schultz on them "I know nothink" Germs!

I have to share another side to the coin here .

I have met "old hands" who have been in the hobby for decades who have refined the art form of sweet-talking people , gaining their confidence and then picking their brains about their best spots.

I admit it took me a while to identify what they were up to , but once I did I could see their BS skills.

They just have the routine down pat where they sprinkle a few bread crumbs so they can steal your bakery.

Latest posts