Interesting Reading

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that DD, absolutely amazing. I wasn't expecting Lyrebirds to survive actually, so this has made me very happy.
I saw another video of a Lyrebird mimicking the sound of a fire truck siren. The sirens were regularly sounding off enough for the bird to copy.

No Manpa :( what era (maybe Adelaide /SA only) but I do remember the Glugs 5 cents at the tuck shop pretty sure we got a wagon wheel + glug for 8 cents :) they were the days.

RM Outback said:
No Manpa :( what era (maybe Adelaide /SA only) but I do remember the Glugs 5 cents at the tuck shop pretty sure we got a wagon wheel + glug for 8 cents :) they were the days.

The current version is made by Golden North and is called a Swing, available in Chocolate or Strawberry. Snips were made by Amscol and also inc and Iced Coffee version (rare) and yes they were probably only in SA
1580372927_4f667662-9468-4903-9eb7-c942c5900e09.jpg

Bloody great photo, and good on gran for giving the grandkids a lesson in life. :Y:

We all make our choices.

P.S. I just showed the post to Mrs D.S, and our 8 and 13 year old daughters. They were gobsmacked at all the food you could buy (including some treats) for the same price as a pack of cigarettes. A picture is indeed worth a thousand words- Thanks for your post Marksman :perfect: :clap:

Gem in I said:
90% of that food could probably put your kids at risk of other negatives imo

Bag of snack foods in the photo aside, I think I'd rather take my chances with the sugar & salt in a few of those processed foods (and maybe some sulfites in the mince and sausages), than I would with the deadly chemical cocktail in the pack of cigarettes. I think the point more than anything though is that there are some people who complain about the cost of food or necessities in general, and yet they will happily blow their money on a pack of smokes (or often more by the carton). They make their own dumb financial choices, and whether or not they die screaming from a smoking related cancer is a moot point O:)

Couldnt agree more. Theres no occupied part of the state here in Vic that doesnt have some sort of problem, but at $1 kilo give or take for cans and nothing for bottles its not surprising.

Over Xmas a buddy and myself went down to the local river where people often camp and fish and there must have been 300 stubbies or more spread out over the 5 or 6 camp spots there, plus cans and general rubbish.

The bar and club owners can jump up and down all they like, its staggering the takeaway waste left dumped. Cant wait to see it rolled out. Weve been behind on this one for way too long.

OldGT said:

Great article OldGT. I remember as a 7 year old kid in 1970 finding a 20c coin in the gutter outside the local Milk Bar. I went in and bought a big paper bag full of lollies that cost from 1c each to 2 for 1c (cobbers, Spearmint Leaves, Milk Bottles and Teeth being my faves). I doubt I'd need a bag for the 1 or 2 lollies it would buy nowadays. :)

Latest posts