IN ALL SERIOUSNESS

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
spikegold said:
Go tigers.
A mate of mine used to live with collingwoods present best player, he reckons this player and team mates would regularly get wasted on pills and powders after game day and coz it's not detected after a few days it wasn't an issue being caught.
I did wonder how long this info would take to come into headlines. :|
I might be slightly biased being a woods supporter, but i reckon it's just the way of the world these days. Thing is, if you've got positive testing on so many players, what does the AFl do about it, sweep it under the carpet and keep the comp going (which is probably what they'd all like to do) or come down hard and potentially stop the whole comp in its tracks due to that many players being involved. Look at the farce with Essendon, what a total F...up that is the way it's been handled.

I doubt there is a sporting club in Australia that would pass the recreational drug testing of all of it's players or officials.

The Saints might have a chance with that coil above their heads. It will depend on how well the coach can tune them and ground balance them! The Brisbane will wobble thru the year especially with that slow thinker Leppisch in charge.
Jaros :p

Go Hawks, Brown & Gold in October I hope long way off though. The amount of drugs available to people for use recreational or habitual is out of control from what I hear. We have whole communities affected from the young to the elderly. However I'm of the opinion the younger generation rather than the older are the driving force behind the acceptance. Doesn't matter which code of sports you follow drug consumption of participants will make headlines time & time again due to age of participants.

Captain Zero said:
Go the Crows.

Captn
You're right, this should be in the comedy section Captain, the crows :lol: :lol: :lol: Just stirring ya mate.

Good luck to all the teams, lets just hope we get some thumper good games without the umpires over officiating and wanting the limelight.

Geez mate you put the mozz on.
Are we giving the entire competition (including Essendon) a head start by finishing the opening round with no points and a ridiculously low percentage?
I have found it quite telling we send cloke up the ground and kick 3 in a row.

The umps are still finding their feet too in round 1 but it was worse Thursday night than tonight.

It's looking as though it's gunna be a bloody long year. Sorry i spoke too soon GT. :( :( :(

All good mate....I'll blame Bucks and the troops for their woeful attempt tonight, mostly the coach. Could have started in 2nd qtr with uncontested kick mark and contested a bit harder in the back line. It's always shit to see your colours get smashed but someone out there will be happy supporting the giving side.
Plenty of year left.

AS if the fact that Collingwood was named isn't bad enough .... the actual game showed that there is something seriously wrong out there .......

Now Eddie Everywhere is comparing drug testing to breath testing saying it's like testing everyone on New Years Day for alcohol and saying they're all alcoholics ..... Wrong Eddie, alcohol ain't illegal, maybe bit of a James Hird moment there.

AFL should name and ban them all .... they're supporting the criminal element out there growing making and selling the stuff.

The simple fact is its illegal ...

And for the next week the Essendon crowd can get some satisfaction out of being higher on the ladder than C'wood.

Bugger this shite, won't find the yellow typing on the laptop ... I'm off to play with my toys.
Cheers T.

Yep, i agree with ya Tom, but as i said, if they start cutting every player whose testing positive there'd be no comp to speak of, and that's the last thing they all want because it's a gravy train for the AFL, the TV stations and the players and clubs.
I heard today that they're only doing the hair testing to get some baseline stats on what the players are doing, it's not to ping them for doing drugs.
The last thing the AFL would have wanted is for those results to be made public because now they might be forced to do something about it, and from what i've seen with Essendon, the big boys of the AFL have no stomach for making the hard decisions despite how much they talk the talk about getting drugs out of the AFL.

If the AFL had the guts they'd list the numbers from ALL clubs, confirm there is a problem and then set a date, allowing any "positive" tested player to clear themselves, from which a zero tolerance policy would commence.

Obviously it's a big problem, there are more drivers testing positive to drugs than alcohol, the last thing we need is a "semi acceptance" by ignoring the footballer role models.

....... As punishment they should be made to come and dig those really deep 14 & 18" Elite coil targets.

Cheers T.

Go the West Coast :)

Now they did have a drug problem, I would be surprised if this was still present. Not saying it wouldn't, but I do believe they dealt with it and changed a culture.

I also think this was a key factor in them loosing Judd all those years ago.

As for a premiership, next week should give a good indication!

If they didn't cruise along yesterday their percentage would have been miles ahead from the rest. Still doesn't matter how much the opponents kick as long as you kick more...

Goldpick said:
The AFL have no one to blame but themselves for putting their head in the sand over the issue for too long now. It was only a matter of time before someone leaked out info on the true scale of drug usage amongst the players - and that's from all the AFL clubs, not just Collingwood.

All clubs hey??......and I suppose you can back those comments up with evidence for us Goldpick!

Allright............ I'll confess up front..........I'm an Essendon tragic..... nearly ended up playing for them.
Anyway .....it seems incongruess to me that we (Essendon) have been dragged through the blackberries backwards for nearly four years without any DEFINATE proof that we have been taking a drug that is only recently banned for professional atheletes (legal to you & me) .
However other teams have been found guilty (obviously with proof) of taking ILLEGAL drugs & this is ignored & lost in the argument that the tests were supposed to be confidential. I just don't understand.
Anyway I'm resolved to another year of crying in my beer ........... I'm adopting Geelong as my second team ...... so (I never thought I'd say it but) .....Go CATS!
Rob.

Latest posts