How you going in this Heat

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i put the digital thermometer on the the roof of ute yesterday in full sun, dark blue coloured, have the one you point laser at, well bugger me that roof was 61.4 degrees at 2pm yesterday, dark colour cars suck, definately painting white over autum, lucky thats my trade. stay cool guys. :sunny: :fire: :Y:

41c in melb which hasn't happened for over 3 years
Thank God for a new air conditioning unit my partner and I installed 2 weeks ago
Works a treat

Bjay said:
Wow what a difference a few hours make. 43 here today which is the hottest here since black Saturday. Couple hrs later sitting on 17 . Actually a little cold.

Certainly was a welcomed change :Y: ended up working all day in it and it taxed me by the end. I'm glad the next week is back to normal.

1546654305_b44e037c-fd6f-4e63-a195-daf7610685e8.jpg

We have been getting these sort of temps since the middle of November
Xmas day it was 52 on site
February and March seem to be the hottest months last March we hit 56/7 on a couple of day
Just normal for this time of year

RM Outback said:
Nanjim said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...4305_b44e037c-fd6f-4e63-a195-daf7610685e8.jpg

February and March seem to be the hottest months last March we hit 56/7 on a couple of day

Day shift would be a tough gig, that is seriously hot.

We only do day shift
I drink shed loads of water I have a 5ltr water bottle and a 3ltr camelback and fill them a few times a day
As I said just a normal summer here
Anywhere south of the 26th parallel is to bloody cold for me lol.

Nanjim said:
RM Outback said:
Nanjim said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...4305_b44e037c-fd6f-4e63-a195-daf7610685e8.jpg

Day shift would be a tough gig, that is seriously hot.

We only do day shift
I drink shed loads of water I have a 5ltr water bottle and a 3ltr camelback and fill them a few times a day
As I said just a normal summer here
Anywhere south of the 26th parallel is to bloody cold for me lol.

Tuesday is gunna suck for ya Nanjim. 44deg with storms .. that would deliver about 100% RH :cloudy: :cloudy: :poop:
Im staying well south of the 26th ..

Nanjim said:

That's insane and I couldn't imagine 56/57. Warmest I experienced up near Marble Bar was 52 but I wasn't working in it. I was driving my 77 Kombi along a dirt track with the window down (aircon) and burned my arm on window sill it got that hot. My partner was from Germany and had never experienced temps much over 30c. She suffered mild heat stroke that day despite my attempts to help her cool down. The only thing that keeps me outdoors in those temps is the allure of gold. Enough heat melts those small surface nuggets creating a larger foot print for easier detection.

Jaros said:
It's good having some handyman talents-well done. Where did you get the bearings from.

Just from CBC bearings. I first tried to by another motor but it's some obscure, Chinese brand. Bearings only $17 the pair. Plus a couple of hours to pull the motor out, apart then clean and reassemble.

Something else will go wrong... it was just to easy. ;) :p :playful:

Latest posts