How you going in this Heat

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We can't do that with Nelson as the Brisbane River 40 mtrs from us has a lot of Bull Sharks cruising in schools of 5+ around and silly people jump off bridges and are never seen again--that's why.

Suffering a bit in the Pilbara at the moment with the heat. We get some weak lows coming through with no rain and the humidity it brings is a killer combined with the heat. Getting cabin fever stuck in the house already and still got 2 to 3 months to go.

Went on my last trip out about 6 to 8 weeks ago and could only detect till 11am, was so physically buggered afterwards and then sat in the shade at 42 degrees. All I drank was plain water and sometimes with electrolytes mixed in. Did not even feel like a beer till 5 or 6 pm and then only 3 or 4 as I didn't want to be dehydrated for the next morning detecting. Lasted 4 days no gold so came home 5 or 6 kilos lighter.

Don't think I will try that again, but I was offered out for one last trip of the season by a mate and took it (see what gold does to you). Stay safe and stay hydrated because the heat will get you sooner than you think.

Why is it that outside temperature is measured in the shade ? 61c last Febuary here outside in the sun. Maybe we'd all stop working too soon. :cool: I mean
who stands in the shade and goes "Yep it feels like 37" when infact it's more like 57C in the sun especially if it's windy feels like a blast furnace and the bitumen is melting. Do they measure cold in the shade when there is some. My 2c.

1546207000_blues_mini_011.jpg
1546207110_and_colour_016.jpg
When I built our house out of straw bales the walls are 500mm thick and all windows are double glazed. so out side temp is 38 deg, and the inside temp 24 degs. and we don't have aircon,so it works great as insulation. :zzz:

Had a tough day 4am to 8pm and when the heat started I found out my AC in the truck isn't working ]:D so I'm not looking forward to the rest of the week or tomorrow now I have to work :argh:. It'll be sorted at the end of the week no spare time until then just so happens it coincides with the next service.

My aircon carked it the week before Christmas and since then have had AC bloke and sparky arguing as to where/what was the problem. I eventually did some of my own detective work after forking out several hundred $$ in callout fees to then both, and pointed out to the sparky where I thought that the problem lay. He was sure I was wrong and came around today, basically certain that he would prove me wrong, but after bird dogging him through his testing, the problem has been found in his wiring, not the AC as he was so adamant that it was an AC fault.

Fortunately the weather has been mild the last few days, but will heat up later in the week. Just hope he can get back and fix the problem before then.

Rob P.

A few hundred, consider yourself lucky mate. Last year at this time in Brissie no air con. New Year and $1,500 later peace at last, new motor.
This year , a week before Christmas,, Mother Board s$@*ts itself, $900 , am I complaining, no, why, because I am sitting in 23C and drinking a red.
Thank you all tradesmen.
Mackka

Mackka said:
A few hundred, consider yourself lucky mate. Last year at this time in Brissie no air con. New Year and $1,500 later peace at last, new motor.
This year , a week before Christmas,, Mother Board s$@*ts itself, $900 , am I complaining, no, why, because I am sitting in 23C and drinking a red.
Thank you all tradesmen.
Mackka

That was a few hundred to have them argue as to what was wrong and where, not to find or fix the issue and they would still be going at it if I hadn't done the hard yards to localise the issue for them. I expect it will be $500 - $1000, to get it resolved, even though it is only a wiring issue.

Such is life. Happy New Year to all.

Rob P

Gunter, way2go and I did it tough on the Meroo, handled it ok till the ice ran out, and so did the Caravan prk there....
Warm beer is a no goer in my books.
Creek is at the lowest I've seen. Cracked 40deg and the puddles of water where even hot!
Not a great haul, but we all found a picker at least.
Bozo spent most of his time swimming in muddy water, then when it was time to head back to camp, he would jump into the front seat and shake the mud off all over me and car and look at me with a smile! :lol:
He is a true clown of a dog!

Latest posts