how many of you have a 4x4

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you guys might like this one poor driving on my part nearly flipped the old girl lucky i upgraded the front panhard, and tie rod earlier this year, only blew a hub

1382948934_flip.jpg

G0lddigg@ said:
you guys might like this one poor driving on my part nearly flipped the old girl lucky i upgraded the front panhard, and tie rod earlier this year, only blew a hub

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/357/1382948934_flip.jpg

I wouldnt worry Goldigga

i drive like that every day :p

if there is anything i own that cant take me flogging the #&*@ off it then it shouldnt be in my toolkit .

usually said after i throw another broken tool in the bin ;)

HeadsUp said:
G0lddigg@ said:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/357/1382948934_flip.jpg

I wouldnt worry Goldigga

i drive like that every day :p

if there is anything i own that cant take me flogging the #&*@ off it then it shouldnt be in my toolkit .

usually said after i throw another broken tool in the bin ;)
haha sounds like we might ahve some fun out on the tracks one day mate

Just got a new second hand one , 2001. Gu Nissan patrol 4.2 turbo diesel lil bit better then my old one which is a 1993 gq patrol 3ltr turbo strait gas which limited where it could be taken ,but am very happy now :D

Ozjono said:
Just got a new second hand one , 2001. Gu Nissan patrol 4.2 turbo diesel lil bit better then my old one which is a 1993 gq patrol 3ltr turbo strait gas which limited where it could be taken ,but am very happy now :D
Huuuuuuge difference the 3 litres had some serious power loss issues, the TD42 is rock solid, power on tap, if you dont have one already a snorkel is the best power improvement you can get for under $300 they really need lots of cool air.

you'll have to put up some pics mate

Had one until I got T-boned in October, it was a total loss according to the insurance company. A 2003 Chevy S-10.
1386116873_1026131348-00.jpg

1386116963_1026131348-01.jpg

80 series landcruiser, roof rack, cargo barrier, drawer, fridge slide, 12,000lb winch, 2 inch lift, dual battery, after market turbo, snorkel, UHF, HF, 2nd spare tyre, breathers, lots of scratches, a few dents, 320,000km, plenty of room for more finds!

jimmydolittle said:
Had one until I got T-boned in October, it was a total loss according to the insurance company. A 2003 Chevy S-10.https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1820/1386116873_1026131348-00.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1820/1386116963_1026131348-01.jpg

insurers come out with some pretty disgusting "terms of reference" when it comes to vehicle write offs

are they getting bribed by car manufacturers or something ?

i have seen many vehicles classified as stat write offs so they can never be repaired and registered

when the repairs could be done for $ 2000 on a vehicle thats worth 15 grand , what planet are those W@#kers on ?

I have a duel tank 2013 Prado Landcruiser - added all extras needed for living away indefinitely....getting the snorkel fitted January. Upgrading suspension to take the winch....one engel fridge/freezer and one engel fridge for the beer.....mmmm beer (most important)

We will be towing a camper trailer (still trialling these) but must be extreme off road. Traded in our old Toyota Hilux Turbo which we pretty much 'paddock bashed' during it's reign. It was sad to let go but being a Jap import, it was getting harder and harder to get parts - we had it for 14 years and it was 10 years old when we got it. I miss it!

Over the years a lot of our friends/acquaintances have driven the Prado - especially off road and swear by em....it's a matter of choice isn't it..and these have been driven into extreme localities which will suit us.

Took it to Hill End in November and yes, going down and up and across every track and trail we could find, happily managed to put our first scratches on it. Well we didn't buy it to sit it in our drive way and look at it.

Sounds like a great rig, I'm loving my prado too. Nothing extreme for me yet but I'm confident it will go pretty much anywhere I want to.

Yep, I rest my case ha ha ha - this one should see me out....and I want to go out in comfort. I watched some friends with different 4B's go down tracks in front of us on our last outing and they were bounced, bumped and rattled all the way down...us on the other hand just sort of smoothly crawled down. Playing 'symphony music' while doing that, sort of comes to mind.

Latest posts