how many of you have a 4x4

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I got that with my 100 cruiser, as I've said earlier, I was only getting 3.5 km/L in the city and just over 5.8 km/L on the road to Brissie. That was the only thing killing me, other than that it was the most comfy vehicle ever.
Pulling 2T in the trailer with that 4.5L engine was a dream but it should have been diesel. I kick myself for getting rid of it now as I've only decided to become involved with this hobby after that and it would have been perfect.
Heatho, it is a heavy beast but a beauty all the same. I think my next one will prob be a Hilux :)

1380930391_image.jpg

Yep got a 2003 F250 4x4 7.3 ltr TDI best thing yet :D with ARB lockers f/r chipped, 4" turbo back exhaust ;) does 17 per 100 Ks :) happy with that :lol:

G'day All,

For me it's a Cruiser Ute.
1380903761_img_0166_600x450_a_edited-1.jpg
1380903795_img_1201_600x450a.jpg

With,
Tuff Bullbar & Scrubbar's, FYRLYT 150 watt spotlight's, OME suspension plus airbags, Steinbauer chip, Beaudesert 3 inch exhaust, Front & Rear air lockers, Warn 1200 pound winch, ARB compressor, Dual battery's, Alpine Satnav stereo & amp, GME uhf & epirb, LED backlight's.

Regards Dal

Googs said:
Yep got a 2003 F250 4x4 7.3 ltr TDI best thing yet :D with ARB lockers f/r chipped, 4" turbo back exhaust ;) does 17 per 100 Ks :) happy with that :lol:

What a beast mate. Got any photos?

My husband bought an 91 model Mitsubishi Pajero. The outside was in good nick but he wanted to swap the engine so he ended up getting a Mitsubishi challenger engine, refurbishing it and putting that in there. It was quite the project because he had to change the engine control unit, redo the wiring loom, weld exhaust extractors to a new flange. It took him quite a while but it works great and has pretty much become our main go to car. :)

We have taken it off road a few times, but nothing too taxing yet. :)

We have 2. A 01 Patrol that is on its second motor and a 85 Duel cab Hilux
The Torl is the Wife's wheels and I drive the Lux. Though the Lux is due for a timing belt 300K.
Cheers

Hi everyone, I'm new to the site, I have an 80 series landcruiser with duel batteries, driving lights, 3" suspenssion lift with 1" body lift, bulbar and winch,UHF and cb radios, sat phone,roof rack with foxwing awning, cargo draws with all the recovery gear, cargo barrier, 80litres of drinking water.

truckietrainer said:
Hi everyone, I'm new to the site, I have an 80 series landcruiser with duel batteries, driving lights, 3" suspenssion lift with 1" body lift, bulbar and winch,UHF and cb radios, sat phone,roof rack with foxwing awning, cargo draws with all the recovery gear, cargo barrier, 80litres of drinking water.

that cargo barrier is often overlooked

a simple rollover that would have no injuries can change if you're getting pummeled by 100 kg of gear from the back

what kind of tank do you use for your drinking water ?

Hi All
I have 2 that's right 2.
One for me when I go it alone or with a mate & one for when I take the Family.
This one is my "Solo Rig" 1990 Hi- Lux one of the best 4x4 's made, I carry 1pair of "MaxxTraxx, 1 exhaust jack, 1 Hi- lift jack (I don't think they are as good as most think) long handled shovel & plenty of confidence in what this old ute can do (570k on the clock)

cheers, I will take some pic of the Cruiser & camper trailer & put them up.
Lee

Here's a pic of my 60Bus.
It's the before shot - not quite finished but hoping to in the next month - time permitting.
Overhauled it with new bushes, shackles & seals all round, and whole heap of little things to get it upto RWC standards.
Just needs a few more dents pulled out & a fresh coat of paint + the exhaust replaced.
Can't wait to get it on & off the road!

1382944237_60bus.jpg

5speed petrol, dual batteries, 2.5" lift, UHF, winch etc.

rc62burke said:
Hi All
I have 2 that's right 2.
One for me when I go it alone or with a mate & one for when I take the Family.
This one is my "Solo Rig" 1990 Hi- Lux one of the best 4x4 's made, I carry 1pair of "MaxxTraxx, 1 exhaust jack, 1 Hi- lift jack (I don't think they are as good as most think) long handled shovel & plenty of confidence in what this old ute can do (570k on the clock)
http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab166/rc62burke/Ute.jpg

cheers, I will take some pic of the Cruiser & camper trailer & put them up.
Lee

Hey Lee that's some pretty impressive Quad parking you did there....lol :D

2001 Prado. Should be ready to go in about 6 weeks after new steering rack, tyres and a good service.

Ag Man said:
Here's a pic of my 60Bus.
It's the before shot - not quite finished but hoping to in the next month - time permitting.
Overhauled it with new bushes, shackles & seals all round, and whole heap of little things to get it upto RWC standards.
Just needs a few more dents pulled out & a fresh coat of paint + the exhaust replaced.
Can't wait to get it on & off the road!

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/113/1382944237_60bus.jpg

5speed petrol, dual batteries, 2.5" lift, UHF, winch etc.
looking good there Ag man.... only problem is that badge ;) Nissan man here
1382948769_20131028_192347.jpg

Latest posts