Highbanker, Honda WX15 Water Pump

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hello every one on this forum , i am very new and just setting up. can anyone tell me what flow rate you need to run a sluice eg litres per minute or litres per hour whatever thanks

Hi Silverfox1950 and welcome.

different sluices need different flow rates. I'm sure some of the other guys on here will be able to tell you what sort each needs.

good luck gettin the gold. :)

WX15 is a good cheap pump for a high banker but if you want your banker to break clay down they aren't much good you really need the GXH 50 with a P-90 pump IMO.

silverfox1950 said:
hello every one on this forum , i am very new and just setting up. can anyone tell me what flow rate you need to run a sluice eg litres per minute or litres per hour whatever thanks

how wide is your sluice ?

7 inches wide or 16 inches wide ?

what style / height of riffle in the sluice ?

required pump size also depends upon how much head youre pumping

ie how many metres in height is it from the water level to the place where the sluice will be set up ?

also need to allow for the hose length you might be pumping through , 100 metres of hose has more pressure drop than 5 metres

lets assume you are not pumping more than a few metres of head .

an average sluice / highbanker might need 100 litres / min for an 8 inch wide sluice

10 - 12 inch wide sluice up to 220 litres / min

16 inch wide , around 300 litres / min

the above based on setup close to the water level

Latest posts