Highbanker, Honda WX15 Water Pump

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wal ur absolutely correct. I wish I had a GPX and a Honda, and an ATX in the Landcruiser as a spare. Closest Honda I have is a GTX 250 I think 74 model sitting out the back under a tarp! I'm stuck drinking cask wine even though I prefer Jim Beam while I get that Sapphire Cut for the wife- thanks to PA, yourself, Liz and Nugget. I'm definitely passionate but on a mugs income. I don't like to compromise but sometimes a mortgage gets in the way of living the dream... yes I do live in Hunters Hill, but on the poor side!

So my advice would be get the Honda if u can afford the accessories, get the cheap copy if you want to get the ball rolling sooner than later. My message to forum viewers is if u cant afford the Honda just yet, get the cheapie (which is a bit heavier) but will enable you to buy your hoses and fittings etc which do add a couple hundred on the equation. Just my 2 cents and no disrespect.

agreed twapster
I started with a $200 chinese pump it get me my first 20 grams I still use it actually as one of my favourite pumps even thought it weight 26kg. start light and use gold to upgrade is my advice. nothing wrong with a little muscle

Thanks for the replies guys, its helped me out a lot. The main reasons getting a Honda WX15 is because of it's lightweightedness and the fact that I've already convinced the wife to let me buy one :D, seriously though I wouldn't hesitate to buy a cheaper alternative if the situation was different.

WalnLiz said:
Just for reference sake, this is what I run with my banker.

30 meter webbed lay flat
2 meter swimming pool intake hose
Cam locks to hoses and pump
Cam lock to spray bar

As a rough guess, what sort of money am I looking at for the above?

Pool hose at $10 per 1m length Bunnings, 10m Blue Lay Flat with Cam locks, Pipes/ Spray bar and Fittings approx. $110 from Irrigation Shop.

So about $120- $140 for a 10m banker set up. Just can't recall what layflat hose was exactly per M. Clark rubber has Blue Lay flat as well.

Not sure about the cloth lay flat, maybe Smithy can help u out!

I think ebay pump seller has upped his prices...now $299 for one I got for $170! http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-5-inch.../251372481449?pt=AU_Pumps&hash=item3a86f7aba9

Thanks Twapster, that's around the price I was expecting. I'm ordering the pump tomorrow so should have it here next week :D

Twapster said:
Wal ur absolutely correct. I wish I had a GPX and a Honda, and an ATX in the Landcruiser as a spare. Closest Honda I have is a GTX 250 I think 74 model sitting out the back under a tarp! I'm stuck drinking cask wine even though I prefer Jim Beam while I get that Sapphire Cut for the wife- thanks to PA, yourself, Liz and Nugget. I'm definitely passionate but on a mugs income. I don't like to compromise but sometimes a mortgage gets in the way of living the dream... yes I do live in Hunters Hill, but on the poor side!

So my advice would be get the Honda if u can afford the accessories, get the cheap copy if you want to get the ball rolling sooner than later. My message to forum viewers is if u cant afford the Honda just yet, get the cheapie (which is a bit heavier) but will enable you to buy your hoses and fittings etc which do add a couple hundred on the equation. Just my 2 cents and no disrespect.

Mine's not a Honda, but a fair bit cheaper. I agree Twapster, save some bickies to start with. Besides, if you take into account the amount of water available in the creeks during the drier months, the pump will just be sitting idle for a fair part of the year anyway.
Last weekend I recycled water out of a small hole in Sailor's Creek. Ok for a while, but it got pretty dirty in the end and too hard to see if the riffles were working properly. That's about the last time it will be used now till we get water flows in the Golden Triangle creeks again.
Mine hasn't quite got the flow of the Honda, but it's not too far behind and runs my average sized hibanker pretty well. What's more, I can lump it around pretty easily as it only weighs 8kg. So far it runs a treat and starts easily, first pull.
Here's a link to the specs. just scroll down to my post with pics.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3585&p=2
The money saved pays for the hoses, and the weight saving over the bigger pumps means you can cart it further if you need to.
Just a thought.
Cheers, Ron.

Don't forget that the Honda WX15 has a 4 year warranty as well.

If I ever have any issues with mine it gets dropped off at Newcastle Chainsaws and Mowers which is a 5 min drive from my place.

Its in human nature to justify our purchases. We are all constrained by some sort of boundaries. 8.(

If your pump is doing the job, fantastic. If you can justify/afford a Honda the go for it. Its the amount of gold you get at the end of the day rather than pump brand that's impresses me!

Pump envy??? :)

Retirement Stone said:
Don't forget that the Honda WX15 has a 4 year warranty as well.

If I ever have any issues with mine it gets dropped off at Newcastle Chainsaws and Mowers which is a 5 min drive from my place.

Its in human nature to justify our purchases. We are all constrained by some sort of boundaries. 8.(

If your pump is doing the job, fantastic. If you can justify/afford a Honda the go for it. Its the amount of gold you get at the end of the day rather than pump brand that's impresses me!

Pump envy??? :)

The one I bought still has 12 mths warranty with Silvan agents all over the country and was less than half the price at $330. Less flow I know, but enough for me. All food for thought I guess.
Cheers, Ron.

G0lddigg@ said:
money saved for other toys hey Ron... hope tye atx is kicking goals for you mate
Still working on the ATX mate. Used it for about 2 hours last Sunday with no success. But give me time. It'll come up with the goods soon enough.
Now that the water's all pretty much gone, I'll be recharging them batteries frequently from now on.
Oh yeah, I do love my toys,,,lol.
Cheers M8.

Twapster said:
G0lddigg@ said:
willo1 said:
Great to see your set up Wal.
I have been working on mine and to date this is what I have come up with. Not quite the wal banker but a bit of a hybrid. Test runs in the yard seem to have everything working OK. Hopefully I will get to test it out in the next few days at Oallen.

nice setup there mate, hope you ahve a short length of hose as well, sometimes its just a pain in the ass to find room to lay your hose out when you only need 5 meters max. I have 15 meters, 10 meters and 5 meters covers all situations

I reckon that's about right.

Thanks for the advice. The red hose is 25 metres long and I have just brought the blue hose which I will use for shorter lengths.

Having prob 3 separate lengths is what is required. Close to water, reasonably close to water, and shit a long way from water.

Id say 10m, 10m and 25m will fix most situations if you have the couplings to join all hoses together if required.

That's a lot of hose!

My last adventure sucked water from one hole, deposited the water to the next hole, therefore allowing me to suck from hole number 2. When the water is low u have to think outside the square. A mini banker with a recirc system is required when water is scarce.

I pick the pump up tomorrow morning, now comes the task of sourcing the hose and fittings. Thanks for all the advice guys, it's been really helpful.

Latest posts