Highbanker, Honda WX15 Water Pump

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make sure you change the oil ASAP the first few times you use the pump. A few extra bucks on oil changes should have the pump living for a long time!

Will do it religiously Twapster. I have no intention on buying another one for very long time lol.

Just for anyone interested I seen a wx15 pump on eBay today. It's pickup only and says as is but if a queenslander is in the market for a pump and lives close it may be worth checking out.

Oh forgot to mention its $150

Nugget said:
I pick the pump up tomorrow morning, now comes the task of sourcing the hose and fittings. Thanks for all the advice guys, it's been really helpful.

Hey Nugget,
I have 30m of 38mm canvas layflat.........30m of 25mm blue medium layflat........there are no coupling.
10m of 25mm suction hose a plastic filter to suit
you are welcome to the lot as I have changed my system and no longer need them.

It will help you get started.
cheers
TheSmithy

Hey smithy, that's a very generous offer and I would like to take you up on the canvas layflat if that's OK. Please let me know if you want anything for it :)

Cheers,
Nugget

Nugget said:
Hey smithy, that's a very generous offer and I would like to take you up on the canvas layflat if that's OK. Please let me know if you want anything for it :)

Cheers,
Nugget

All good nugget.......it will have a hole in it at some point (FRNSW CONDEMNED HOSE) put a couple of couplings on pressure test to find hole.
then cut your lengths to suit.
you may get a 10m and 20m or 2 x 15m
cheers
TheSmithy

There are three types of people in this world.

1. Those that watch it happen.

2. Those that make it happen.

3. And those that wonder what happended!!!!! :rolleyes:

I am glad to be surrounded by PA members that live by option 2 ! :D

100% agree with above.

Today while in search of a lightweight suction hose I was asked if I had a foot valve, stumped as to what this was they explained that its required to prevent the pump from draining out during priming. Is this thing necessary or does the Honda have an inbuilt valve of some sort?

Also I've now been to 6 pool, irrigation and pump shops now and no one can sell me 2mtrs of lightweight 1.5" ribbed pool hose, it seems to only come in 9mtr rolls and costs around $80 8.(. At the last place I went to, I ended up buying some proper suction hose but its quite stiff and remains in the shape of a horse shoe, so basically its pretty bloody useless :mad:

I found a few places that had the 1mtr hose lengths but I'm a little hesitant to have a join on the suction side. I guess I could always get a poly joiner and secure it with hose clamps to prevent any air getting in.

Nugget said:
I found a few places that had the 1mtr hose lengths but I'm a little hesitant to have a join on the suction side. I guess I could always get a poly joiner and secure it with hose clamps to prevent any air getting in.

Its pretty airtight and haven't had any trouble

You don't find the Bunnings hose to be a little stiff? I had a play around with some today and they didn't seem all that flexible, well not what I expected anyway.

Nugget said:
You don't find the Bunnings hose to be a little stiff? I had a play around with some today and they didn't seem all that flexible, well not what I expected anyway.

Its not too bad and I can coil 3 joined lengths inside a 20L bucket

Latest posts