Hello Everyone

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the funny farm with the rest of us lunatics who once thought we would find a fortune. But seriously
Its agreat hobby,and this forum has agreat bunch of members who will be a mine of information, all you have to do is ask.
Jim

reynard said:
Welcome to the funny farm with the rest of us lunatics who once thought we would find a fortune. But seriously
Its agreat hobby,and this forum has agreat bunch of members who will be a mine of information, all you have to do is ask.
Jim

So true Jim,

and those of us who survive the initial grief associated with the reality of it all, are fortunate enough to find a new niche in the hobby. Some go searching for flyshite that I wouldn't even get out of bed for if you told me where it was :lol: , others discover that there is indeed much more hidden under the surface like coins, buckles, jewellery and relics. I've found I get a buzz by finding really deep junk (and who knows, I may even still come across a nugget that someone else has missed!). My record so far is a rusty 19th Century miners pick at 700mm deep. Even that I find awesomely amazing! :)

There are some still making a fortune but it is beyond the scope of most of us peasants. :)

Welcome to the forum.

That's so true Jaros. I have a good customer who I know quite well, who has a Son-inlaw who was riding his motorbike on a road in the GT 10 years ago (He told me the town, but won't tell me the road :)

Anyway, he was riding along a newly worked road when he flew past something that caught his eye in the sun. He turned around and went back, and just off the side of the road he found himself a gold nugget, that he then sold for $14,000. That was 10 years ago, so whatever the gold price was then it was a decent nugget, and when you think that you'll never find a newspaper article on it, or a mention in one of Tully's books etc., it makes you wonder just how much has been found, and is still out there. The part that rots your socks though is that he had no interest in prospecting, no equipment, and presumably no prospecting licence.

It's still out there, but I don't think anyone (in Vic at least) should seriously plan their retirement on the stuff :)

Latest posts