Grabben Gullen information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap balls Palmer that is AWESOME!!!!
Is it yellow quartz or something better..??
When you look down from the gates on the right hand side up the river are all the boulders and rocks on the side of the water??
When I was last there, the water was quite shallow and slow running.

Dan

FIngers crossed I am going with my son and his friend next friday the 11th of July.
If anyone wants to meet up let me know.
Will be there from around 9.30 - 10.00

Dan

I have no idea but I think its a sapphire, can you guys take a picture of the site where the boulders are please too. thanks!

Palmer :p

Palmer9999 said:
I have no idea but I think its a sapphire, can you guys take a picture of the site where the boulders are please too. thanks!

Yellow/Orange quartz looks like that under light. Can you post a pic without light on a white background?

Palmer9999 said:

Palmer, Look back on page 3 of this topic and my post has a picture of the boulders on the right hand side.
I was out there on friday and there is more water, but the boulder's are still out there by themselves.
Did you identify your stone..??

Daniel

Anyone else get to a spot and then closes their eyes to imagine how the water has previously run across the stones to gauge where they want to dig...?? Its soothing to sit on a rock and imagine how the water once ran along the river and how the stones fell in between the rocks. Anyone know of any good books and websites to read about water flow or the distribution of gemstones in a river..??

If any of you guys are going to GG from north of Goulburn im pretty sure the quickest and easiest way is to follow Clinton st from in Goulburn that becomes Range rd and takes you straight to GG , instead of going through Crookwell. I hope this helps.

1406430618_image.jpg

Pays to be first.

hey went to grubben gullen the other day with a friend good day lots of little green sapphire. we also got two nice blue ones good luck everyone ! ;) ! ;)

Declan, Do the green ones have vertical lines through them in the light like a grain or are they clear no grain..??

Dan

my father went to visit my brother and brought me back two twenty litre buckets of unsorted material from grabben and some 1/8 sieve material. Got one lovely blue half carat and about 18 carats total of smaller yellow/ green( not the yellow quartz in abundance in the material). The yellow green we got has no grains and looks sapphire in structure and texture under a loupe, they mostly just appeared in the material below the 1/8 sieve and had to be panned to be retrieved. Will get some pics up asap
Rod

I would have thought that the green with the grain or lines in them would be tourmaline and the ones without may be green sapphires but you would need to verify from a professional.

Dan

Latest posts