Grabben Gullen information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dirk=Gem said:
Greg&Nat said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3229/1402563625_img-20140612-wa0003.jpg

Hi All,

This was drawn up by a friendly local last weekend on the way to GG... . hope it helps.

Is the fossicking area easy to find I am little confused of the map is area at sapphire road

Cheers

Dirk

I found it difficult without being given directions as maps and names of roads are quite confusing to work out.

Easiest directions advice is get to the town of GG and there will be a pub. Opposite the Pub is signposted street called "Camp" and under it says "to Wheroo". You can't miss it.

Take that road for several KM...it becomes a dirt road , keep following and eventually you will come to "Sapphire rd" turnoff which will be on your left hand side and is signposted "Sapphire Rd". Follow this for another several KM and you will come to the GG bridge where the camping area is.

No maps required if you take this route.

If you try to read maps you may come unstuck like I did! Unless you are a map guru which I am not. Hope this helps.

Exact location of the fossicking area on Google Maps:
-34.565077, 149.260078

And next time you see me on site, pay me a beer!

IPhone pic of my map:

1403240639_ggmap.jpg

Twapster and GallicProspector

Thank you very much I will head there this week end as the black berries have gone wild for wee jasper and location of GG will help convince my girlfriend to be a part of our addiction

Thanks to WalnLiz for the video for beginners very helpful

Cheers again I'll send picks of my adventure till then happy weekend hunting everyone

People like you all make newbies like me feel welcomed thanks everyone makes me like this hobby more :)

Dirk

Thanks and good luck on your weekend looking everyone!
I'm hoping to head out tomorrow

Spud and Dirk post up some pics and a story of your adventure. My pics are on the previous page of my first outing. I can't wait to go again :)

Had a really nice Arvo, brought home a few stones NO idea what they are though haha really frustrating coz I can't work our what the are?
A few very very clear ones that have blue / purple tinges if you look at them
In the light and a few that are clear but look kinnda waxy? Can't work out how to photograph them so you can see what I mean either.... Booo I'm confused lol

In your pics Daniel you looked like you found all that black that is in wal and liz videos, we didn't get anywhere near the same consistency or amounts as that

right at the pub 2nd lleft into sapphire rd.....follow it 10mins down the road till the bridge....easy!

Hi everyone , i went out to GG today but the weather turned bad and didn't get a chance to get into it. Looks like a really nice spot though. Anyone looking to do a trip out there any time soon? I have a bit of an idea of what I'm doing but would not say no to some good advice.

hey guys went out yesterday and got a few good sized sapphires but the creek had a lot of water in it, does GG usually full of water or is it usally dry as bone becuase we couldn't see any boulders in the water except from the massive ones

Palmer :p

On the better side of things got a biggie at GG saw it at the end of the shovel an my hart stopped
1404516318_image.jpg

Also what is all the glittery stuff in the sand that floats around

Palmer :p

the river ran when it was dry must be some springs feeding it and pyrite heaven it is all over the place :)

Latest posts