GPZ7000 release, questions and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ryan27 said:
PaulFritz said:
Ryan27 said:
It's here, finally !!!
Photo taken at Coiltek Maryborough.https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1074/1424222681_image.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1074/1424222750_image.jpg

You headed out with it today Ryan??
This was the shops display unit. It turned up while I was there. The release date is Monday, I put myself down on the list to get one. I am 125 on the list LOL !!! A few guys have put down deposits and some have paid in full. This unit should turn up some good finds.
I'm tipping it will unearth the worlds biggest nugget found by a detector.
If it does what Minlab claims to do, then I think it is value for money.
Excellent! Thanks for filling me in on that. I was worried I'd miss the first day its available.
I'm no 60 something on the list I think. Its been a pain organising it while I've been overseas haha

AusFX said:
Ryan27 said:
PaulFritz said:
Ryan27 said:
It's here, finally !!!
Photo taken at Coiltek Maryborough.https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1074/1424222681_image.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1074/1424222750_image.jpg

This was the shops display unit. It turned up while I was there. The release date is Monday, I put myself down on the list to get one. I am 125 on the list LOL !!! A few guys have put down deposits and some have paid in full. This unit should turn up some good finds.
Excellent! Thanks for filling me in on that. I was worried I'd miss the first day its available.
I'm no 60 something on the list I think. Its been a pain organising it while I've been overseas haha

Maybe you guys should be looking at other dealers outside of your area, I'm 3rd on the list and only 6 on it. 125 and 60 on the list, you'll be waiting awhile.

Remarkable some of the anger here, if you haven`t got the goodies with Minelab products you are to blame, coming from 35 years of detecting I`ll pay for the updated tech they come up with. However judging from their share price continually falling, we will not have a OZ detector manufacturer for much longer. What company then will give us what Minelab have? One of our few remaining OZ manufacturers.

Maybe minelab is banking on there being some big finds early on. If there is and word gets round like the old days and a rush sets in, watch all the mother in-laws appear on fleebay trying to raise the capital to get one. P.S. I noticed minersden already sold out shipment 2, seems there's enough people with the dosh to afford the $10700.
P.S. I'm number 1 at Ballarat's detector shop, roll on Monday!

Norvic said:
Remarkable some of the anger here, if you haven`t got the goodies with Minelab products you are to blame, coming from 35 years of detecting I`ll pay for the updated tech they come up with. However judging from their share price continually falling, we will not have a OZ detector manufacturer for much longer. What company then will give us what Minelab have? One of our few remaining OZ manufacturers.

I'm Not Angry, I am just Stating The Facts, If I wanted it I Would Buy It, Regardless of Costs, But I am not foolish enough to be Suck In by Minelab, I have found Gold In Junk Filled Sites where a GP never saw it Nor did a Sovereign Nor My Etrac, Nor Did my Musketeer and Neither did my Quatro, Along with My Mates Explorer II,

IT's Just a machine made for prospecting that's going to sit there dust collecting for 48 weeks of the Year, and what is worse As I am Living over seas at the moment, I have just been Quoted 8000.00 and At the Current exchange Rate that Works out At $15,760.00 AUD and that's just BS, and Twice the Price of A GPX-5000.

As I said before Common Sense Has come into this some where, I can't come home and buy it for $10,700 because the moment you Try to bring it back you have to pay 20% Tax On it, So I wonder why Minelab Ireland are Charging 50% More @ $15,760,00 AUD for a Machine that is $10,700 Else Where.

I think the guys that get one of these machines are in for a treat.
The price that Minelab have put on these machines has nothing to do with production costs, production costs for machines like this is probably about 10% of what it was 15 years ago. Minelab would have looked at the market and worked out what the public would be willing to pay. To put such a high price on them they obviously have the confidence that the units will perform and people will be happy. If the machines don't perform they will not sell after the initial rush and the backlash against Minelab would be huge.
It is well out of my price range but if I was serious about making money finding gold I would find the money.

Well put Magilla. I am not jumping over the moon on the price like most. It will hurt let me assure you, however the pain will subside after the first nugget is unearthed...
Prospecting full time is a long term dream, even if I experience that for a short time the price is justified.

Fortune Seeker how did you get to be number 1 on the list, at Ballarats detector shop,if you dont mind me asking. :)

AuFever said:
AusFX said:
Ryan27 said:
PaulFritz said:
Ryan27 said:
It's here, finally !!!

Maybe you guys should be looking at other dealers outside of your area, I'm 3rd on the list and only 6 on it. 125 and 60 on the list, you'll be waiting awhile.

I've been told they will be getting plenty of units day 1, which makes sense as they are a major minelab dealer...
A few people seem to think there will be a shortage of machines, but I doubt that would be the case, bad for business and all that.

AusFX said:
AuFever said:
AusFX said:
Ryan27 said:
PaulFritz said:

I've been told they will be getting plenty of units day 1, which makes sense as they are a major minelab dealer...
A few people seem to think there will be a shortage of machines, but I doubt that would be the case, bad for business and all that.

I dunno AusFX, the SDC had a bit of a back order for a while I think. When I got mine there was a stack of about 20 of them sitting there, once word got out they were good I think they sold very quickly and people were waiting. Hopefully that's not the case with the GPZ.

Hi ken Im from Creswick, where u going for your first dig? We could go halves in a mini excavator!!

Heatho said:
AusFX said:
AuFever said:
AusFX said:
Ryan27 said:

I dunno AusFX, the SDC had a bit of a back order for a while I think. When I got mine there was a stack of about 20 of them sitting there, once word got out they were good I think they sold very quickly and people were waiting. Hopefully that's not the case with the GPZ.
I stand corrected. Coiltek is only getting 20 in their first shipment apparently. A little disappointed as they gave me the impression they would have plenty on the first day. I've been told I should get mine early next week. So probably Friday... :|
I'd look elsewhere but its not easy to do while I'm still not in the country.

Latest posts