GPZ7000 release, questions and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fortune Seeker said:
At least we get it cheaper then the star spangled banner! This is in US$
http://www.nuggetshooter.com/minelab-gpz-7000.html

i noticed on that link there RRP is $12499.00 but from nugget shooter there doing them for $9999.00.

in Australia the dealers are saying that there not allowed to discount or do trade deals as the machines belong to minelab
what's the go, different rules for us in aus?
regards trashy

No worries mate, I'd be up for that sometime, pretty busy over the next few weeks though. In Sydney yes, parents are out your way. Have a read up on Sunny Corner, only an hour and a bit from you, there is Gold there but hard to find. Though it's a good spot to practice and it is a Goldfield.

If this machine can give a clean signal on a 1gram piece of gold at 450mm or greater, i would imagine it would be a weapon- imagine how much "small" gold is just out of reach of our current machines/coils.

Clean target response in hot ground, extra depth on all size gold- sounds too good to be true?
I wouldn't be worried about a machine that can 100% identify gold, if your half way down to china in hard bedrock i think it speaks for itself in most circumstances.

Heatho said:
No worries mate, I'd be up for that sometime, pretty busy over the next few weeks though. In Sydney yes, parents are out your way. Have a read up on Sunny Corner, only an hour and a bit from you, there is Gold there but hard to find. Though it's a good spot to practice and it is a Goldfield.

Nice . Well after all it is gods country here . Ok well you let me know when your keen and we can go from there. Sunny corner I'm yet to look into. Iv been riding there a bit but never prospecting .

I think the $12499 pricing seems to be a wee bit of a marketing strategy to make them think they are getting a discount - that's pretty close to what the GPZ would be worth if we converted the US $9999 pricing back to AU dollars. Kellyco have it listed for $9999 US, hence most US outlets would most likely follow suite with the same pricing to stay competitive. Considering the current exchange rate, we actually got a pretty good deal for once from Minelab, as it damned well should be from a local manufacturer.

Our US counterparts are already talking about purchasing direct from Oz via a third party, or flying over to pick one to save some cash to take advantage of the US dollar vs buying from a US dealer. Seems like the shoe is on the other foot for once.

Yes GoldPick that is interesting. US price of $9999 is equivalent to AU price of $12819. Although still a 'lot' of money, appears Minelab are supporting us Aussies locally with a discount $10700.

Goldpick said:
I think the $12499 pricing seems to be a wee bit of a marketing strategy to make them think they are getting a discount - that's pretty close to what the GPZ would be worth if we converted the US $9999 pricing back to AU dollars. Kellyco have it listed for $9999 US, hence most US outlets would most likely follow suite with the same pricing to stay competitive. Considering the current exchange rate, we actually got a pretty good deal for once from Minelab, as it damned well should be from a local manufacturer.

Our US counterparts are already talking about purchasing direct from Oz via a third party, or flying over to pick one to save some cash to take advantage of the US dollar vs buying from a US dealer. Seems like the shoe is on the other foot for once.
Perhaps they figured out we have bigger gold. One point to you minelab marketing.

Americans coming here to buy their detectors? Good for the local dealers and a few tourist dollars spent, but they might try and poach our nuggets while here too. To arms fellow diggers!

Marty said:
Hey Lee do you like ML detectors ?
Do you use them ?
Just deal it and move on it, we know your not happy with the price tag ,,,,get over it :D

Marty

Hey Marty
To answer your question, yes I do like Minelab detectors, yes I do use them 1 x SD2200d 1x SDC2300.

So now that that is out of the way, my post provided facts, it is $10700 which is $4000 more than the GPX5000.

This is my opinion & that I am fully entitled to have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So why do you feel the need to tell me "Just deal it and move on & ,,,,get over it????????????? The fact is Minelab have chosen to PRICE this unit beyond the budget of a lot of people who would surely love to upgrade $10000 is a substantial figure in the eye's of most people.

You have a nice day, oh & just remember don't try to silence people just because you don't like their opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lee

Thanks for the links Marty,
Not going to be as easy as walking onto any old patch and pull ozs of gold. Will have to think a little first as to the areas where this unit will shine.

Lee so many out there are saying how expensive it is etc etc , it is what it is and we cant change that thats why I said get over it

Cheers I will have a nice day
Marty

1995 - SD2000 released $4,300 - Average gold price $383.79USD/$518.13AUD (Sources: http://www.nma.org/pdf/gold/his_gold_prices.pdf ; http://www.ozforex.com.au/forex-tools/historical-rate-tools/yearly-average-rates ) = 8.299 ounces

2015 - GPZ7000 released $10,700 - Average forecast gold price $1,180USD/$1321.82 (Source: https://www.goldbullionaustralia.co...silver-latest-news/gold-silver-news-sept-22nd ) = 8.095 ounces

http://nqminersden.com/minelab-sd-2000-story-revisited/

You could argue that there isn't as much gold as there was back in 1995 but with deeper gold possibly being unearthed & better sensitivity to small/prickly/specimen gold available it is definitely debateable. I reckon there is just less "easy" gold left.

1995 - SD2000 released $4,300 - Average Weekly wage was $660 so cost was 6.5 weeks wages

2015 - GPZ7000 released $10,700 - Average Weelky wage is $1516 so cost is 7 weeks wages

Not that much of a jump.

Figures from Bureau of Stats.

Redfin said:
1995 - SD2000 released $4,300 - Average Weekly wage was $660 so cost was 6.5 weeks wages

2015 - GPZ7000 released $10,700 - Average Weelky wage is $1516 so cost is 7 weeks wages

Not that much of a jump.

and that is probably the most balanced post I seen reference the 'cost'.

Redfin said:

Not that much of a jump.

The keyword being used here is "Average" and as a comparison this is ok I guess.

But in reality wages are different for everyone and not everyone is earning the average wage mentioned
above.

loamer said:
Redfin said:

Not that much of a jump.

and that is probably the most balanced post I seen reference the 'cost'.

Yep - I think the cost is fairly relative when you start looking at statistics 1995 v now. Lets just hope the gold finds are too! :D

Wolfau said:
Redfin said:

Not that much of a jump.

The keyword being used here is "Average" and as a comparison this is ok I guess.

But in reality wages are different for everyone and not everyone is earning the average wage mentioned
above.

Yes but regardless the "cost" is still relative from 1995 to now i.e. low income earners may have been say 12-14 weeks wages in 1995 & similar now, high income earners say 3-4 weeks wages in 1995 & similar now. Using the average is what is done when looking at stats - it only proves that the cost of the new machine in 1995 & the new machine in 2015 is all relative to current financial climates of the time & no big conspiracy on price inflation is happening now. If the price is inflated now - so to was it in 1995 but life went on & so did people buying detectors. A good operator with a SD2000 can still find gold today & in 20 years time they/we will probably saying the same of the GPZ + comparing cost/saying the price is too high/can it do what they say/is it better than the previous model etc. etc.?
Not saying I am rushing out to spend $10k on one but neither will I subscribe to price conspiracies etc.
Yes the price is high but it is what it is - like the SDC & every other previous model you make a choice to buy or not. Complaining about it won't change it. With the GPX5000 remaining as part of Minelab's line up I don't see anything changing soon - those who have sold or are selling their GPX's etc. cheaply may regret it once the market stabilises & even picks up again. With new pricing to remain high, the GPX5000 remaining in the line up & even possible updates to it + the SDC2300 (or those series of detectors) down the track which assumedly will also include higher pricing if/when it occurs - used Minelab prices in the long term will still be good too.