Got the fever

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys Hows it going.
I have always been interested in prospecting Eva since I was a kid. My uncle use to own the property PARADISE up on the burnet river unfortunately it is now covered with water since they put Paradise dam in. Im from Ipswich I have done some prospecting up at warwick out at Thanes creek, its a b it like Deep Creek every man and his dog has been there. you might get a bit of colour but nothing to run to the bank with. lol. I now live on the sunshine coast and wonting to get out and do some prospecting. Can anybody give me some tips or pointers where to go best places to look. Im also looking for the overlay map used on google earth. been to the mins department web mag cant find it all they have now is QLD maps what eva they call it. The old map over lay was great. I lost it when I cleaned up my computer.lol

Cheers
Jason :)

Welcome mate you will enjoy this
1515222544_10.jpg

Welcome mate . Not a lot of sites around the sunshine coast . Live near noosa myself and go f n q a couple of times a year for a couple of months
If you check with the ranges ( email ) there are some spots around Imbil you can go but the top soil is very deep making it hard to detect . Some of the creek beds around old mines produce a bit more color than deep creek

Welcome mate cant say i know a lot about your area but some good google searches will point you in the right direction

Cheers guys for the welcome. been bit busy. Iv been told to head out near Imbil to have a look. whats the area like??

Jasonr said:
Cheers guys for the welcome. been bit busy. Iv been told to head out near Imbil to have a look. whats the area like??
I worked that area years ago after contacting the local rangers and finding out where you ca n fossick . As I said befor the op soil is very deep in that area so your better of working the creeks and washouts

Be sure to email rangers to find where you can go

Latest posts