Gold Panning/Sluicing/Highbanking around Woolshed Falls/Eldorado/Beechworth area

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DFW

Reaction score
A mate and I have recently bought some gold pans and an angus mackirk sluice. We are pretty new to this and have been out a few times and haven't had much luck. we've been finding what I think is a lot of specs of tin.

Any advice would be helpful because as I said we haven't really done much of this before. Also wondering if anyone has had much luck around Eldorado/woolshed falls in vic. Thanks

Hey DFW & welcome to the forum.

I went to Eldorado a couple of years ago & did some panning & Highbanking there - lots of very fine gold there.
Look for the dark/black sand that runs through the mud/dirt & aim for that(advice given to me & worked out well).

The caravan park is great there & bush camping is also good.

*here was my effort estimate say 4-5hrs on the shovel as a newbie?

1378045241_image.jpg

1378044659_image.jpg

Plenty of gold there and it all isnt that fine stuff. If you look hard enough there is some good patches of coarse gold to be found. Definitely get out there and have a crack, the more you learn the better your finds will be!

Adam

So I am off to Beechworth for new years if anyone has any tips they would be greatly appreciated. Will be taking the pans and the banker, Wouldn't mind looking for some Gems as well. Cheers in advance, Balx

G'Day

I will be there from 2nd to 12th. Will be trying out new homemade highbanker - batter and bilge pump type, panning and such.

Araluen

Its a good spot. Good busy camping spots near kangeroo crossing on th site of the old pub that burnt down.. Get in quick though.

SWright said:
G'Day

I will be there from 2nd to 12th. Will be trying out new homemade highbanker - batter and bilge pump type, panning and such.

Araluen
Going to just miss you mate we are coming home on the 1st. Goodluck Balx

Newbie said:
Its a good spot. Good busy camping spots near kangeroo crossing on th site of the old pub that burnt down.. Get in quick though.
Cheers, will be weird panning with so many others. Balx

Hi guys has anyone tried panning along hurdle creek in Beechworth or any other creeks in the area other than reedy creek? I'm looking to try some new creek
Thanks ??

Thanks for your help mate! That's exactly what I was after! I've been looking for that info but nothing was coming up

Regards asking about spots to go prospecting in creeks etcetera.
Dan I think it's fine to ask, but know that some members prefer to keep everything to themselves.
In the end that is what a public forum is for; sharing of both ideas and knowledge.

But I think we all know that if you really want to get on the Gold then asking on the forum is only going to be a sniff, so to speak in the right direction.
You really have to do a lot of the research and learning in books and other reputable online sources to get the knowledge and know how to find those better spots. For instance a good understanding of mapping and geology I feel has helped me no end. :) :Y:

7.62marksman said:
Danlonie95 said:
Hi guys has anyone tried panning along hurdle creek in Beechworth or any other creeks in the area other than reedy creek? I'm looking to try some new creek
Thanks ??
hope this helps now be nice :) :) :)
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/8005/1503915939_beechworth111111.jpg

Ohhh you have spent plenty of time mapping mines/ reefs! Thanks heaps mate! This may help me find a few more mines that I've been looking for ??

Latest posts