Gold on the beach?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL

That is my Add :)

Have had a few ask if the Excal would find gold nuggets 8)

One lot called and English was their 3rd language... But were in Qld on Holidays and wanted to find gold nuggets at the gold coast.

I could not tell a lie, but I also could not agree to sell the units to them... For many reasons...

So many people these days, seem to think it is simple to find gold and get rich over night.

Haha,
were in Qld on Holidays and wanted to find gold nuggets at the gold coast
hahahahaa. its Straya mate.....nuggets everywhere..... :)

I still have my 20yo Whites PI 2000, still goin strong. ;)

Danny13 said:
Yeah that's exactly right , moneybox. It's dubious at best and most likely a publicity stunt . Every part of GC beaches are detected everyday multiple times by PI machines and VLFs . No chance it would not of been discovered by now .

Anyways I notice your over in the southwest , spent a few years in Busselton working for Henry and walker building Suez road and for Capel sands . How is Busso these days ?

Kind regards

Busselton is 26km down the road. The jetty has been rebuilt/repaired after a bit of storm damage but it has a little tourist train running out to the end where there's now an underwater observatory. It's a really nice quiet holiday destination with a country town feel to it. So much different to many of the east coast towns. It still has one of the few drive-in theatres running.

davsgold said:
G'day Heatho

So if I find gold nuggets in QLD NSW VIC and WA for example and melt these all into a gold bar in my furnace this "fingerprinting technique" can tell me where this bar came from other than my furnace, crucible and graphite mould at home?

Even if all the gold nuggets came from WA for eg, and melted together in a bar at the very outside they would only come up with WA not xyz spot in WA yeah?

I know CSI on TV could do this no worries, and give and exact spot where the gold was dug up from, even the exact date and time. ;) :Y: :lol:

cheers dave

Adding further, when I take gold into the buyer he selects a handful of nuggets and places them in the XRF scanner, gets the reading which varies from nugget to nugget and averages them out to work out the price. The reading varies between nuggets even when they come from the exact same location and are basically identical in style, eg: prickly reef gold obviously from the same source.

Another spanner in the works, one spot I am working presently I am finding gold above the cap, in the cap and below the cap. 3 different sheds from 3 obviously different geological events and probably 3 different original locations (reef vs water worn) but all found in the one final location.

Now granted, XRF scanning isn't CSIRO isotope stuff. But I can pretty much bet our GSU don't have access or the finances to use places like Lucas heights, nor do they have a bank of samples and know locations from which to compare suspect gold to.

In any event DNA was not how those numpty's were caught. They were caught simply because they were numpty's. They had form, they were already under the eye of the GSU, they had big mouths and when questioned they made certain admissions.

As I said earlier, bullion on the other hand, each mint has their own unique marker which is added to the gold. A fingerprint that can positively identify gold even if remelted.

Latest posts