Gold on the beach?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aushunter said:
A couple of years ago , I think it was 2 boys fishing in a creek or stream hooked onto a bag which contained $250,000 or there abouts and declared it, no-one came forward and they scored big time.
Me thinks drug money being out near Nimbin way. They grow a lot of wacky tobacky out there.

I stand corrected :)

He appears to change his mind about things ?
First interview he states quote
You see people with metal detectors all the time walking along the beach, picking up coins, so you cant help but look down

Next day he states again quote

Weve tried to be clever about it but it must be pretty obvious two guys walking along the beach, one swinging a detector and the other one with a shovel.

So one day it's an everyday thing and next day it's a novice thing to see ? Some one needs to remind him if you tell porky pies you need a good memory ;)

The best parts General Hercules having chicken tonight but they cut out the good bits :)

madtuna said:
golddiggerart said:
Even though they tested the Gold they never gave it's origin other than it may have been carted in there from another source which is possible, all good in its natural form nugget (not melted down) can be traced back to its source.
Hmmm - Give him the benefit of the doubt? He's one lucky bugger... :)

Nah, can only tell you what the nugget is composed of not where it's from.
Bullion on the other hand can be traced to which mint as each mint uses it's own unique marker mixed into the gold

Actually they do a DNA test which is how the Blokes in WA got done because they knew the exact location the gold was found.

aushunter said:
aushunter said:
A couple of years ago , I think it was 2 boys fishing in a creek or stream hooked onto a bag which contained $250,000 or there abouts and declared it, no-one came forward and they scored big time.
Me thinks drug money being out near Nimbin way. They grow a lot of wacky tobacky out there.

I stand corrected :)
Sorry Aushunter,wasn't trying to correct you,just posting the link to the story you were referring to.I remember that story as well.Apparently they were going to keep it but were advised by a lawyer to hand it in because the lawyer knew they would end up getting it anyway because no-one would come forward to claim it.

Gov't will take them, cause this bloke probly ain't got an appropriate fossicking permit, they be just waiting till he finds em all. :D

All sounds very dodgy to me. Gold manages to work its way down through hard ground - wouldnt last one day on soft sand before it was down deep. Lets face it a coin will be down a foot in a cpl of day and gold is far heavier.

Besides I know he was talking quartz but it looked like there was ironstone in those nuggets. No mention of that.

Maybe they are a little 'warm' and this is a good way to say how he got them.

silver said:
Gov't will take them, cause this bloke probly ain't got an appropriate fossicking permit, they be just waiting till he finds em all. :D

Doubt it Silver.... You Don't need a Permit from Council or a Fossicking Licence from QLD Gov...For Detecting on the Beach....Here on the GC..

LoneWolf....

But without a fossicking permit ya supposed to leave all gold where you find it LoneWolf. :D ]:D

What if you find a Gold Ring or ? Anyhow lets see what happens then.... I say nothing will happen to him... and the 200 other Detector operators who 'Find' some very valuable items on our Beaches every day....

LoneWolf...

I think it's just concerning native gold, not prefasioned gold jewelry. But, I hope if it's real he keeps it anyway. ]:D

Ok... So he May be in Breach of the Law... Lol...... . Interesting Point you make Silver.... Now wouldn't be funny if he had to Surrender his Gold... :lol:

LoneWolf....

The thing is, if he was smart enough to set this up, getting a fossicking license would be too obvious unless he was a known fossicker!
Jewelry is in the same class as coins and relics.
There is something very odd going on here and if it's not a ploy to get more tourists to the area, then they will take the gold off him.

Daggy

Every single inch of the Gold Coast beach front is checked everyday , he says that the gold has come from Quartz veins . There is only 4 locations on the beach front with headlands with Quartz veins , all within national parks or reserves , no gold , I checked. That leaves the bluestone groynes and breakwaters , possible . Nuggets seem too round and smooth to be chipped off so it may of come with the dirt from the load of blue stone , which at the moment is only being built in one location . The bluestone only comes from one quarry in the hinterland , with no known old gold bearing Ore or mines in the vicinity . I know because I have walked onto the quarries private property and followed the Quartz veins into the state forest with a GPX and and sdc when I had an sdc.... And no gold . Having said that anything is possible :) . Just some Gold Coast publicity , all good for business :) oh and me ]:D

Got inspired and found some gold nuggets on the way down to the beach today ;)

1490605272_image.jpg

They sourced the Boulders for the Seaway from as far north as Gympie, south to Coffs Harbour and west past Toowoomba.... My Father was a Foreman on the Gold Coast Seaway Project... So there is a few Gold Locations in that block.... According to records you can find Gold in the Beach sands from Currumbin creek to Tweed river and South to Ballina...

The Seaway is starting to break down and is getting undermined by the Tidal Flow... They need to spend Millions to fix... The difference I have seen over the years to the path out to the end is incredible... Cracks appearing everywhere... Loose 5 ton Boulders that wobble when you stand on them Fishing. Pieces of Boulders are falling off Underwater... Just out front of the Coast Guard Tower is one of the worst areas, that's why they put the barrier up... So it Could be a possibility...... They are quite Waterworn aren't they....

A Go-Pro Camera was washed off a Surfboard at Snapper Rocks/ Coolangatta and was found wedged in rocks on the Seaway several months later. about 30km.. So it could travel miles and be Waterworn that way, rolling along the bottom of the ocean...

Wally69... do you own a Golden Dog?

LoneWolf....

Latest posts