Gold on the beach?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lonewolf..thanks for the explanation. I can see the need to advise cops of 'found' property.

Should have thought this through. When I was 20'ish I stayed in a hotel room in Brisbane on the way to NT...Gove.

About 4 months after my trip a copper came to my parents place and wanted to interview me....the cleaner at the Hotel found a very large sum of money in the room I stayed in at Brisbane... cops wanted to know what I knew about the 'stashed cash' ...zero from me.

A few months later I contacted the cop and he told me it was money stolen in an armed robbery.

Good thing I knew nothing about it. I was tempted to ask could I make a claim for it and he just sniggered and said..."thanks mate...bye"

Wally69 said:
Got inspired and found some gold nuggets on the way down to the beach today ;)
1490608952_1490605272_image.jpg

How did you do that Wally ,.... on second thought I don't think I wanna know ! ]:D

Danny13 said:
Anything is possible LoneWolf :)

As we all know, Gold is where you find it.... Danny13

Best to err on the side of Caution when you find something MikeB05... ;)

Besides a Cyclone, I wonder what will be found tomorrow, now that 2 more Nuggets were found on Sunday...

LoneWolf...

golddiggerart said:
madtuna said:
golddiggerart said:
Even though they tested the Gold they never gave it's origin other than it may have been carted in there from another source which is possible, all good in its natural form nugget (not melted down) can be traced back to its source.
Hmmm - Give him the benefit of the doubt? He's one lucky bugger... :)

Nah, can only tell you what the nugget is composed of not where it's from.
Bullion on the other hand can be traced to which mint as each mint uses it's own unique marker mixed into the gold

Actually they do a DNA test which is how the Blokes in WA got done because they knew the exact location the gold was found.

If you have any links to DNA testing gold or links to how those blokes were caught I'd much appreciate it, as I understand it, it is not possible and that was not how they were caught at all.

Assay will determine a nuggets make up ie: 94 % gold 2% silver 4% copper etc and that may be common to an area but not pinpointed to a specific area. eg: That composition might be common to East of Kalgoorlie and not West of Kalgoorlie, but it could also be common to HillEnd NSW.

Soil on the other hand.

WHATS IN THE ROCKS
The element breakdowns were:

Large rock (about 70g)

Au (24k Gold) 60.26 per cent

Fe (Iron) 30.84 per cent

Ag (Silver) 8.81 per cent

Ni (Nickel) 0.09 per cent

Medium rock (about 35g)

Au (24k Gold) 53.9 per cent

Fe (Iron) 37.71 per cent

Ag (Silver) 8.20 per cent

Mn (Manganese) 0.18 per cent

Small rock (About 20g)

Au (24k Gold) 54.42 per cent

Fe (Iron) 36.37 per cent

Ag (Silver) 9.21 per cent

YEP... So comments about coming off a larger chunk - (comment in one of the GC blurbs etc) is again suss.

Still think it is the proceeds from some stuff that has been stolen or found elsewhere.

Not saying the finder is involved, but that the finds and information does not ring true.

HAD two people contact me today, wanting to buy gold machines ??????? Wanted to go Gold detecting down the GC ???

I have 2 x Excals up for sale and one with a 15"WOT coil.... But could not bring myself to do a sales pitch..

I didnt think gold nuggets came in 24k purity.... :|
I saw the ironstone too, this is a sham for sure, the gold is to well worn to come of the host rock.
Something is being covered up probably similar to the orange roughy nugget story in the states, these could of been knocked off ages ago and now thinking is a good time to cash in, Look what I found on the Beach.....

Also, why blurt it out so everyone knows what you found, I think I would keep it a secret.

He also seems to "reckon" this and "reckon" that pretty well but they seem to all have a different finger print to each one.

Oh also, Gudday Steve been a while, hope all is well over in WA.

Cheers
Brad....

I think common sense would tell you that gold worked by the surf would be well below the surface of the light weight sand. How many coins and rings do you find right on the surface and they were only dropped there recently.

Yeah that's exactly right , moneybox. It's dubious at best and most likely a publicity stunt . Every part of GC beaches are detected everyday multiple times by PI machines and VLFs . No chance it would not of been discovered by now .

Anyways I notice your over in the southwest , spent a few years in Busselton working for Henry and walker building Suez road and for Capel sands . How is Busso these days ?

Kind regards

G'day Heatho

So if I find gold nuggets in QLD NSW VIC and WA for example and melt these all into a gold bar in my furnace this "fingerprinting technique" can tell me where this bar came from other than my furnace, crucible and graphite mould at home?

Even if all the gold nuggets came from WA for eg, and melted together in a bar at the very outside they would only come up with WA not xyz spot in WA yeah?

I know CSI on TV could do this no worries, and give and exact spot where the gold was dug up from, even the exact date and time. ;) :Y: :lol:

cheers dave

davsgold said:
G'day Heatho

So if I find gold nuggets in QLD NSW VIC and WA for example and melt these all into a gold bar in my furnace this "fingerprinting technique" can tell me where this bar came from other than my furnace, crucible and graphite mould at home?

Even if all the gold nuggets came from WA for eg, and melted together in a bar at the very outside they would only come up with WA not xyz spot in WA yeah?

I know CSI on TV could do this no worries, and give and exact spot where the gold was dug up from, even the exact date and time. ;) :Y: :lol:

cheers dave
:rolleyes:

They can do it with individual nuggets without a doubt.

Latest posts