Going Well Enough But Looking (?) To Upgrade To - ??

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello Everyone :cool:

I own a Teknetics Delta 4000 and have owned it for 6 months with good success recommended by an experienced friend.My friend also gave me a used Garrett pinpointer,steel digger and a pair of headphones which I have now upgraded.

I also purchased 3 x 9v batteries and a charger from Aldi for less than $40.00.

I only paid $300.00 delivered for my Delta which I am very happy with.

I have also come into possession of a Nel/Sharp 5" DD coil for free ($160.00) when my purchase went "A - UP" from England.

I am in front $150.00 including some new gear,and I am very happy that my friend helped and encouraged me to start detecting.

I have been averaging just over $100.00 per month (goldies) including a white gold 9ct ring on the Gold Coast :p

I am now house sitting in Hervey Bay where it is too humid at the moment to detect very much if at all.

But saying that I am already considering purchasing very soon another detector being an old Minelab Sovereign to punch through the wet salty sand here while living in Hervey Bay.

I have a price in mind guided by my friend for the Minelab Sovereign,so if you can help me that would be great.

Would be happy to meet someone near here in Hervey Bay for a chat :)

Good fortune for 2015.

God Bless.

D :)

Welcome Cashgoldsilver, there are a few guys on here with Sovereigns that may be able help. Some have the newer GT whilst a few others have the older xs-2 & xs-2a Pro and have good success with them. Some of the older models have gone for around $400-500, sometimes less, depending on condition and accessories. The GT can go for anywhere above that considering it is still a reasonably sought after detector - and as a result, people tend to hold onto them. ;)

Hello Goldpick :) and thankyou for your post and advice.

I am very keen to buy a Minelab Sovereign with coil today if possible.

I have a 1909 M 1/2 Gold Sovereign :p "graded VF" by my friend to trade + some $$$$ to top up if needed.

I might not be able to upload a photo of the sov here (not tried yet) but I can via hotmail,etc is needed.

I am in Hervey Bay QLD.

Keen to buy today

D

Goldpick said:
There's one on ebay at the moment, starting price $500.

Thanks Goldpick for your find,but I am aware of that one thanks :)

But after some more consultation with my fossicking "guru' he recommends that I wait for a Minelab Sovereign "Elite" detector.

As it is very hot and humid in Hervey Bay at the moment,I am happy to wait longer for the right detector for me.

Thanks again :D

God Bless.

D

cash gold silver are you still in the bay, i live in urangan,lost license but keen for a chat

Latest posts