Gippsland Victoria information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty keen to get out and see whats out there, also keen to learn a bit about panning and all the rest.
unfortunately I am back at work as of the 3rd. but I can always come up and meet you guys after work if your interested. Probably too hot to go out during the day anyways.
Also for those of you that are interested, thinking of hitting inverloch beach for a bit of picking new years day or the day after.

Well I'm on hols till Aust Day so name a place time and I'll see what I'm up to if you'd like to catch up. PM me if interested.
Plenty of Gippslanders joining recently.

GPX5000, SDC2300, GPZ7000 comparison on Pilbara Gold Finds.

hi All,

just putting together some info i have complied from my experiences as a newbie to gold detecting here in the Pilbara, the results speak for themselves i feel.

in short if you have the experience with the GPX series and it works for you great if you are a newbie like myself i would suggest buy the latest technology that your budget can afford either the SDC2300 or the GPZ7000. i have both and for different reasons.

i will endeavour to upload the results , hopefully it works ok.
1451783313_gold_2015_minelab_v2.jpg
:eek:

Urks said:
GPX5000, SDC2300, GPZ7000 comparison on Pilbara Gold Finds.

hi All,

just putting together some info i have complied from my experiences as a newbie to gold detecting here in the Pilbara, the results speak for themselves i feel.

in short if you have the experience with the GPX series and it works for you great if you are a newbie like myself i would suggest buy the latest technology that your budget can afford either the SDC2300 or the GPZ7000. i have both and for different reasons.

i will endeavour to upload the results , hopefully it works ok.https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6659/1451783313_gold_2015_minelab_v2.jpg :eek:

Pilbara??? Not exactly Gippsland...

You got me all excited there URKS!!! I was hoping you were about to tell us where to find such stashes of gold here in Gippsland!! oh well....

Spatch... probably easiest if you add me on fb - name is Robert Igescu. should only be one of me on fb.

:cool:

RobertE said:
You got me all excited there URKS!!! I was hoping you were about to tell us where to find such stashes of gold here in Gippsland!! oh well....

Spatch... probably easiest if you add me on fb - name is Robert Igescu. should only be one of me on fb.

:cool:

"google" is your friend ;) .............. so is the search function on this forum ;)

casper

Yes! I have spent alot of time already browsing maps, historical documents, and just about anything that has anything to do with the gold diggings of this area. The one thing that makes this area so much harder than the golden triangle is our thick undergrowth!!

Been spending a bit of time detecting in the region and yeah the undergrowth makes it hard . Probably wasting time I think as it isn't known for shallow ground. I have found some shallower ground but there is also the problem of loam build up from 100 years or so of leaf litter which can add a considerably to the ground depth. Have done better so far sticking to the pan but will keep searching for spots to detect. There was some good nuggets found in the day but most would have bee out of reach of detectors.

Does anyone here keep an eye on the DEPI planned burns in the area? would be a good time to go out and look around if one was in the areas mentioned. 8)

I usually have contact with the planned burns. I have a map somewhere, ill see what I can find. It lists dates etc. Love to know how you go out there..may be a bit chilly, hope you got the hot water bottle under your jacket ;)

Hi All ,

I am new to metal detecting . I have gone out and got myself a GPX4500, Minelab.I am thinking of spending the summer in East Gippsland .I have been researching the area and it is said that there was plenty of gold found there but it also seems not to much about more recent efforts.

In particular i am thinking about the wentworth river area .

Anybody got any advise to offer up on this area ? :)

Hi Hopeful...

Welcome, I know that some true nuggets and nuggety specimens where detected somewhere around Nerrim / Crossover in the 1970's at the time when metal detectors were NEW and were all the rage (and still they are!) but apart from that I've not heard of gold fossikers using 'tectors and finding gold in Gippsland currently.

You might make history so go for it!!

casper

Latest posts