Gippsland Victoria information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Theres a half a dozen collins class subs doin bugger all round the coast. Retro-fit one of them suckers with a dredge unit...

Outlawd said:
Theres a half a dozen collins class subs doin bugger all round the coast. Retro-fit one of them suckers with a dredge unit...

What a CLAASIC! Aussie ingenuity at it's best! Sure your not a mining engineer?
Hey, and make a TV show about it. Imagine what the Americans would think? Nuclear powered underwater gold dredges!
"Those Aussie's just don't know when to stop"
Ahh LUV IT. :)

AtomRat said:
Blindbat said:
This might be a good spot as easy access during winter and would have small trickles running down the hill sides that would carry the gold to the creeks/rivers. It's a 5klm round trip.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6025/1441584484_warragul_gold_walk2.jpg
I'm pretty sure that's the spot I wanted to look at. Does it have an 'interesting' road name..without giving away clues lol

What's an "interesting" :lol: road name?
1441612688_a96898_a556_6-wongway.jpg

1441612736_streetnames-15.jpg

1441612769_streetnames-17.jpg
1441612806_streetnames-18.jpg
1441612857_streetnames-7.jpg

:p :p :p :p :p

Well its not like tony abbott is doin anything with them so we should comadere the bloody things and put em to good use. And love the signs too.. :)

There's nothing interesting about it Atomrat just a 15 min drive north of Warragul and an easy access spot and a short walk during winter.
Nothing ventured nothing gained.
1441614343_walking_warragul.jpg

Loved that area as a kid, worked on a farm in longwarry and use to bugger off in those hills on the motorbike between milkings. Goodluck getting away with doing it on an unregistered motorbike now.

AtomRat said:
I know quite a few spots out there and its been hit hard recently and over the past years. Dont even bother with russel creek if you value your ankles and someone is always turning it. There is one spot I'd like to check out, but futther out towards thompson is where you want to start looking about. Tanjil was good for those allowed to dredge back in the day. Crystals are somewhere north east of tanjil bren town though I'm still yet to find the spot in one if the many logging coupes.

It doesn't warm up out there by the way, the water stays very very VERY cold. I found this out the hard way wearing shorts, t shirt and thongs, was sick for a week.

Its a great place to get bogged or stranded without help or a lot of 4x4 experience, somethibg I know nothing about

I know where the crystals are near Tanjil Bran. Happy to show you one day.

Outlawd said:
Ive heard donnellys creek on the other side of the thompson is another good spot to check out after a good rain. Definately a weekend trip. :)
It's a good "area" but just be mindful that Donellys Creek is on the exempt list, although there's plenty of other places in the general area to keep you busy.

Is donnelly creek on the exclusion list or the exempt from exclusion list? If its on the exempt list then prospecting is allowed.

Does anybody out there have a list of streams and rivers that you are allowed to prospect and pan in???

So by what I have read here, nobody has been having much luck with detecting out neerim way at all? anyone keen on going out over new years for a wander?

RobertE said:
So by what I have read here, nobody has been having much luck with detecting out neerim way at all? anyone keen on going out over new years for a wander?
I'm on holidays in Tasmania for a few weeks, if you like we can arrange a time when I get back. Must say though I've never found anything except bullets and nails around this area. But using a pan or highbanker usually get a little out of some local creeks.

RobertE said:

I'd be up for a day trip - maybe the 3rd or 4th?

Latest posts