Garrett ATX gold finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tige said:
Top stuff. . good to finally hear of some results from atx , hope u find a lot more :)

Thanks Tige, was it you we met down there? If so nice meeting mate :)

Joe, you give me hope. I'm in the Triangle and have been for 10 days. Cant find a solitary piece. Its got to be where I am swinging not what I'm swinging and you just proved it. Its all good. Off to Maryborough for a day or 2 and then back to Ararat to do some ground I did with the Scorpian to see what I left behind. Man, Hope you keep pulling it out of the ground. ATX's Rock! Well I think so anyway, and I'm nobody really. Hell, cant even find a piece of Gold.

Tassie Daz said:
Joe, you give me hope. I'm in the Triangle and have been for 10 days. Cant find a solitary piece. Its got to be where I am swinging not what I'm swinging and you just proved it. Its all good. Off to Maryborough for a day or 2 and then back to Ararat to do some ground I did with the Scorpian to see what I left behind. Man, Hope you keep pulling it out of the ground. ATX's Rock! Well I think so anyway, and I'm nobody really. Hell, cant even find a piece of Gold.

TD, I was thinking the same - did I made the right choice buying atx? 38 hours of detecting before the first nugget appeared. But you are correct it's where you swing, and If you are prospecting ground where ML cleaned out previously your chances are limited. I've told Chris if I had been highbanking for 38 hours I would have 20g guaranteed but hopefully I'll be able to find some virgin ground and enjoy the new machine :) mate I wish you luck and don't give up - keep it slow and low. By the way what sensitivity you are running?

Thought this might answer some of those critics who havent seen it yet. Its from NQExplorers finding a subgrammer it real circumstances.
Enjoy!

How many sub grammers have the members here found with theres?

Only people I've seen finding sub grammers in 'real circumstances' are those selling them.

DD

The only detector iv seen that consistently finds sub grammars that iv seen is the GPX 5000 and the GMT with me on the end of it.

Zuke_Lynzy said:
The only detector iv seen that consistently finds sub grammars that iv seen is the GPX 5000 and the GMT with me on the end of it.

I've found & seen found many sub grammers with both of these. Funny though Zuke - you weren't on the end of them :lol:

Nice gold but only just scraped into the sub grammers club :lol:

Now this is a real subby
1401421253_13979445153990.jpg

:D

I'm sure that day isn't too far away TD, keep at it mate and those subbies will come.

It takes time but I'm sure you & ATX will find them with practice, it took me maybe 2 years to find my first bit 'my wife found a bit before me'. But lately I haven't found much' most to do with lack of time swinging. Keep it up bud there out there just hiding!

Thanks fellas. My. Biggest hassle is getting access to gold bearing areas, but I've told you all about that before. Good thing is the annual trip to the gold state might not be far off for this year so if I'm in your neck of the woods I'll give you a yell. Maybe we vain meet up. Not sure when It will be yet.

Well I guess Ballarat isn't that far but I'd consider heading north to Tibooburra' I recon you would have a good chance there but you might want the 8" coil.

Tassie Daz said:
You a hard lot. And I'll be really pleased to show you mine .........when I find it!!!!!
No doubt you'll find some Daz you sound motivated enough. Just gotta keep at it.
Even though I don't put a lot of faith in sellers videos I do believe the ATX is a good machine in it's own right & will find gold. Just don't see anything to put it in the GPX gold detecting class just yet & for that matter the GPX can't compete with it's versatility anyway. For versatility it's a winner.
ATX head to head with the SDC2300 - now that will be interesting.

Wow, thanks mbasko,someone's finally giving a little. Yeh, I agree it may not be in the GPS league, (can't say one way or the other) but yeh, it's a long way short in price too, and after all, those who purchased, bought because we couldn't justify the $6.5k for the ml. It's ability will be judged over the next few months and years I guess. (Again it,ll be in the eye of the Holder)

The smallest nuggie I picked up was 0.2g at about 2-3 inches in a trashed area. Keep at it TD

Well, I did find these nugget detecting but it was in US instead of Oz - does that count? All found with ATX and stock coil, four in Arizona and two in California.

1401807214_image.jpg

0.7, 0.4, 0.16, and 0.12 grams respectively
1401806990_image.jpg

1.48 grams and 0.45 grams

The ground was probably moderately mineralized by Australian standards.

Welcome Steve nice nuggets there. I don't think anyone doubts the capabilities of the atx. But I would love to see a comparison done on the Minelab gpx, Garrett atx and the Whites tdi by a non biased operator or three biased operators in different environments and conditions. I think they all have their strengths and weaknesses in different conditions. This may surprise some people.

noncents said:
Welcome Steve nice nuggets there. I don't think anyone doubts the capabilities of the atx. But I would love to see a comparison done on the Minelab gpx, Garrett atx and the Whites tdi by a non biased operator or three biased operators in different environments and conditions. I think they all have their strengths and weaknesses in different conditions. This may surprise some people.
Of course they will have their own strengths & weaknesses - they are 3 different machines so that shouldn't surprise too many!
As for comparisons there is quite a few reports etc. out there & my conclusion/opinion is this (just for a giggle :lol:):
FOR GOLD DETECTING
Best value - Whites TDI (could be superceded by the SPP for value if performance is similar). Will find gold but is known to be not as sensitive or probably have the same depth as a GPX. Great selection of coil choices.
Most versatile - ATX great versatility. Is the versatility & performance worth $2000 more than a TDI for gold detecting alone? For every good report I see/read I also see a bad one. All the bad reports are coming from use in Australian conditions & generally it appears that it also lacks the sensitivity & depth of the GPX especially in our harsher ground. Will the SDC2300 trump it? Too many unanswered questions @ $4k for me.
Still the king - the GPX series. Proven, capable, still the gold detector the others try to make something to aspire to it's ability. Yes it does have weaknesses too but for overall coverage & reliability in Australian conditions can it be knocked off the mantle. Maybe - when the GPX6000 is released ;)

Sdc2300 V's atx ..nah .. I've seen sdc and had a play with it at the mine lab day In Perth and seen the small gold It found. . 0.02g is the smallest so far found in Queensland. With the sdc .
It's a 4g mop . that finds tiny gold it doesn't have the depth of the 5000 with the 8" coil on larger deeper nuggets due to Its faster timings . But I was impressed with its weight and ease of use . Not Impressed by It's one coil only deal or the price tag .. but a mop it Is for those tiny bits that the 5000 won't pick up. . As for the atx vs sdc two different machines and the atx will get It on depth but not on the size of the small gold that the sdc will find. .

Latest posts