Garrett ATX gold finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
geof_junk said:
They say that the ATX is good for small gold, but these days a 6.62 gm is a monster. Great work you deserve it.
Thanks Geoff, took a little while to bond just like any machine. I have done fair share of testing on small nuggs. Don't get me wrong still love my sd2000, but comparing the recovery time (deciding on potential targets) , ground balancing and Stability in mineralised soil I do prefer the ATX.

Heatho said:
joe said:
Heatho said:
Very nice nugget Joe, well done.
Thanks Heatho, as Wal said to me couple of weeks ago "soon mate" :)

I'm changing my strategy, I'm going out to speciffically detect some Lead this week, Gold is sure to come. :)

Yes mate heavy populated by lead,(I had a feeling there for a while I'm cleaning the place for gpx users) but every now and then when least expected smile arrives. Good luck mate :)

Diggerdude said:
Nice nugget mate, good to see the atx starting to pay itself off.

DD

Thanks DD, it would certainly have potential to pay for its self if I was in WA,

Sa_bogan said:
Nice nugget! It deffinitly puts confidence in others with the atx or people looking to buy one
Cheers mate, yes the atx has some hope :) it's hard to compare as there are 000's of good machines and operators out there.

I keep looking but I'm just finding lead.
1394335013_sam_1087.jpg

and more lead.
1394335056_sam_1086.jpg

Cant wait to hit a gold field, I'm all practised up now(should have called myself Lead), all I gotta do is get there!

Holly cow, that deservers a cleanup Australia certificate mate, I do find a lot of lead too but nowhere near as much you mate.

I just hope I can tip out buckets of gold and take some photos one day too(just got to fill the buckets).
joe said:
Holly cow, that deservers a cleanup Australia certificate mate, I do find a lot of lead too but nowhere near as much you mate.

That was one hell of a moment mate. Just the look on your face was priceless.
You were staring at it and couldnt believe it was true.
All I heard was "look at the size of this" Your jaw dropped to the ground and your eyes nearly fell out of their sockets. Thats a ripper piece mate, well done.... :cool: :cool:

Top stuff. . good to finally hear of some results from atx , hope u find a lot more :)

Roscoe said:
Good on ya Joe and what a beauty of a nugget too. :)
Thanks Roscoe, yes surprise mate more colour to the eye than just lead :)

ChrisM said:
That was one hell of a moment mate. Just the look on your face was priceless.
You were staring at it and couldnt believe it was true.
All I heard was "look at the size of this" Your jaw dropped to the ground and your eyes nearly fell out of their sockets. Thats a ripper piece mate, well done.... :cool: :cool:

Yeah Chris , you forgot to mention it was your pinpointer that had the final touch. :) good weekend it was , even you've scored mate :D (ps - secret) and if it wasn't for you wanting to get away from the city rush I wouldn't make the effort getting out of bed :D thank mate.

Dozer said:
Well done Joe. I wish I was there to see the smile on your face :)

Thanks George, I wish you were there as well mate I some how inherited your job in the second half of the day highbanking lol.( but it was worth it) you would have seen it by now :D

Latest posts