Frog ID

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, I don't believe it, science research does not lock up areas for that, it must be some other research like mineral research etc..., scientist can't do that, they get funded to do research for a period of time but then when their research is finished that's it, it seems to me that it is another matter and anyways, today, the law does not allow locking up areas without very good reasons, and there are plenty of land out there anyway, helping save the frogs will not affect anyone in anyway, if you have faith and open up to new ways things will only improve, there is a new generation of leaders out there who don't think the same way as the older ones and they do better jobs in not making the same old mistakes as their predecessors, so please help the frogs or any other environmental cause because we are doing it for the future of our kids and theirs , cheers :D thanks for reading me

liliane said:
Hello, I don't believe it, science research does not lock up areas for that, it must be some other research like mineral research etc..., scientist can't do that, they get funded to do research for a period of time but then when their research is finished that's it, it seems to me that it is another matter and anyways, today, the law does not allow locking up areas without very good reasons, and there are plenty of land out there anyway, helping save the frogs will not affect anyone in anyway, if you have faith and open up to new ways things will only improve, there is a new generation of leaders out there who don't think the same way as the older ones and they do better jobs in not making the same old mistakes as their predecessors, so please help the frogs or any other environmental cause because we are doing it for the future of our kids and theirs , cheers :D thanks for reading me

I respect your views but for me it's experience that keeps the bell ringing and I dont accept for one moment there's a new generation of non biased leaders. The Greens have gained plenty of political ground to the point our children's education is dictated to some degree by teachers ideologies based on such biased opinion. So my life experience is one of conservation and always at the forefront of my decision making are my children and grandchildren. These days imo scientific environmental studies can and will be used in the political arena and in some cases to the detriment of my families ability to enjoy and look after our public lands.

Liliane, the initial intent for scientific research is usually honest, but its the follow-on by politicians with an agenda who get hold of this data to promote their cause that are of concern. I have seen this done.
that being said, I think this frog survey is a good idea, & then requires loud voices to combat any pollies with an agenda if they take it up.

Ded Driver, hello, you are right, Bigwave started this and I am supporting him. I have always supported environmental ideas, some are good some not so good. Frogs are good to the environment and I believe that we all should side it if we love mother earth like we say we do, then lets prove it. Research about frogs has been going for years now and nothing bad came out of it, only good came out of it, university students do research like these and often need our help because they are not given the correct information where frogs are due to the continuous changes in the climate, atmosphere and disasters. it could also be simply a research about the app to see if it works as well as it should, like for example if the app can give the correct number of frogs and their species etc...

anyway I am light like a feather and can't take the weight of arguments, I gave up this subject for good, it is not that I don't support it, I do but I just can't take certain things upon myself, I quit . Sorry :(

MegsyB007 said:
Did anyone else have to bisect a frog in biology class?

No mate, Only in a restaurant, Lol.

1542127152_frogs_legs.jpg

Liliane, I commend you for your passion, but you must be living in a different universe if you believe that the flow-on from environmental studies and research has no effect on the issue of land being locked up. It has happened and still is happening on the Central Qld gemfields and the lock-outs that have occurred were made not just by research conducted by government agencies, but also by various university groups with the information gained very heavily biased by ideology and not so much hard facts. A good example of this are the 'no go' areas proclaimed around the gemfields after a study found that brigalow once grew in certain places and it was recommended that all mining activity be prohibited in these places to enable it to grow back, regardless of the fact that the only mining that had occurred in these places was all underground which had no effect on surface vegetation.

There is a big injustice in the way environmental protection information is used. The little man gets locked out of areas whilst a blind eye is turned towards the big mining companies who are causing more damage in a day than all us small players combined can cause in a lifetime.

Jeff

I like frogs too, although we have given them our own names.
One we call the "Race Caller", because when they start up they sound like 100 horse race callers talking over each other.
A couple of the other names I won't mention ;)
This study is mostly looking at frogs in inner and outer urban areas - I'm OK with that.

snafu said:
Liliane, I commend you for your passion, but you must be living in a different universe if you believe that the flow-on from environmental studies and research has no effect on the issue of land being locked up. It has happened and still is happening on the Central Qld gemfields and the lock-outs that have occurred were made not just by research conducted by government agencies, but also by various university groups with the information gained very heavily biased by ideology and not so much hard facts. A good example of this are the 'no go' areas proclaimed around the gemfields after a study found that brigalow once grew in certain places and it was recommended that all mining activity be prohibited in these places to enable it to grow back, regardless of the fact that the only mining that had occurred in these places was all underground which had no effect on surface vegetation.

There is a big injustice in the way environmental protection information is used. The little man gets locked out of areas whilst a blind eye is turned towards the big mining companies who are causing more damage in a day than all us small players combined can cause in a lifetime.

Jeff
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: you could not of said that better 110%i agree with you

were I live the only frogs you will find are around the dunny or water tank other than that never seen them not in dams creeks not even after rain which has been 8 years apart

BigWave said:
I like frogs too, although we have given them our own names.
One we call the "Race Caller", because when they start up they sound like 100 horse race callers talking over each other.
A couple of the other names I won't mention ;)
This study is mostly looking at frogs in inner and outer urban areas - I'm OK with that.

Inner urban :Y: gets my support, with all the green belts created within new urban development I'm sure they'll get enough data to keep them busy. I too like frogs I really missed them after Black Saturday it was a few years before we heard them again, it is a soothing sound :cool: :Y: once they started the soothing effect worked in more ways than one :Y:.

Mackka said:
Hey BW, sorry mate, I know this is a very important subject as for many years now I have listened to people saying that the frog population is decreasing and so is the bee population and we all know that if bees don't pollinate fruit trees, flowers, vegetables etc. we don't eat.
So lets get behind BW and help out.
Although I live next to a nature corridor I don't see or hear many frogs probably due to the enormous array and quantity of birdlife, however I will take notice and report ant findings.
Regards
Mackka
Hey Mackka
How you doin mate...Millions of frogs around my area..It is not uncommon for me to pick off a dozen babys about 1cm long from my vegetable garden every few days..And yes I do place them in safe areas and with wet hands... :) After rain that's all you can hear while going to sleep at night . :)
Sorry to go off topic but I have not seen a garden snail for as long as I can remember. 8.(

Interesting topic. Our company wanted to by land to build a rail yard. It was during the initial studies that they found some rarish breed of frog. Killed the whole deal.
Another similar thing was that they used to weed spray our yards but have stopped it a few years ago. Not because the chemicals are bad for us, I'm sure they are, but because of potential harm to wildlife such as frogs, small birds etc. To be fair the rail yard is built on the edge of a HUGE mangrove area which is a breeding area for all types of wildlife and sea life.

Putting my Mods hat on now. Please stay on topic and keep the politics out of it. Thanks.

Ramjet said:
Interesting topic. Our company wanted to by land to build a rail yard. It was during the initial studies that they found some rarish breed of frog. Killed the whole deal.
Another similar thing was that they used to weed spray our yards but have stopped it a few years ago. Not because the chemicals are bad for us, I'm sure they are, but because of potential harm to wildlife such as frogs, small birds etc. To be fair the rail yard is built on the edge of a HUGE mangrove area which is a breeding area for all types of wildlife and sea life.

Putting my Mods hat on now. Please stay on topic and keep the politics out of it. Thanks.

LOL stay on topic???, take a look at your first paragraph. LOL

Re frogs, I was at a customers house and she was part of some frog group. She told me if you build a suitable pond for them one will appear.
I said where from, the sky? She said dunno, they seem to find it though. Next time I saw her she proudly said she had a frog. I wasn't interested enough to look at it though. :|

Latest posts