First time panning, sluicing NSW. where to go?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. Couple more hours this arvo. Few more specks and a bucket of concentrate to sort out at home.
Tried the sluice. Not sure I had it set up right. Could see pepples dancing around in the riffles.
It did catch some gold. Plus I have cons from clean up I didn't pan yet.
Will do a bit of a review on it when I get home.
Tuena tomorrow... If I can get out of bed that is ;)

Ramjet said:
Thanks guys. Couple more hours this arvo. Few more specks and a bucket of concentrate to sort out at home.
Tried the sluice. Not sure I had it set up right. Could see pepples dancing around in the riffles.
It did catch some gold. Plus I have cons from clean up I didn't pan yet.
Will do a bit of a review on it when I get home.
Tuena tomorrow... If I can get out of bed that is ;)

Will you go to anywhere for panning on coming Friday? I will go to somewhere with my friend and currently maybe Hill End area but if wanna meet up I can change my mind...

Rod,
If you end up at hill end & are looking for a great quiet place to camp, head down the bridle track to the Turon river crossing.Just past the crossing on the right are plenty of campsites on the river.
Pick up some firewood before you get there.
Hope you find some colour
Have a great time
Pete

Hey Pete. Will be at Huron sometime tomorrow. Not staying and no camping gear this trip.
But thanks for the tip.
This is an exploration trip for future adventures.
Checking the lay of the land. What is available and where.
Better then flying blind :)

Cheers
Rod

Hopefully one day we can catch up, perhaps in GG or Tuena and have a dig together, I"m looking forward to my first time out

Well it's another day and a change of plans.
Heading back to Grabben Gullen Creek today. :)
It's a long way from home so may as well make the most of it while I'm here.
I was ready to head home then Marg woke and suggested staying another day.
So Tuena tomorrow.
Oh yeah... Damn I'm sore :)

Well another few hours at GG.
Used the sluice a lot more today, 6 or 7 buckets thru it.It's only a little sluice. (More on the sluice later)
Got more flour gold. Still in concentrates. Plus a tiny blue sapphire and a couple of pickers. Stoked.
Definitely heading home tomorrow with a few hours at Tuena on the way.
No ice on the windscreen today but I did get hailed on in the creek.
Did I mention how sore I am? :) but satisfied.

Good on ya mate, now you've definitely given me the bug just reading your adventures :) I should have most of my gear within the next fortnight, so here's hoping. Good luck tomorrow.

Latest posts