First time panning, sluicing NSW. where to go?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Colin&Lee said:
Yo Rod,

Mate I'd probably go Tuena, Grabben Gullen make it a round trip bit of Gold and some gems ;). Let me know if you do head to GG I have two weeks off starting next Monday :D :D :D I'm sure we could tee something up, Lee doesn't need any persuading to head to GG :rolleyes: ;)

Catch ya

Col

I will be off from 4/10. Shall we meet up there?

malau said:
Colin&Lee said:
Yo Rod,

Mate I'd probably go Tuena, Grabben Gullen make it a round trip bit of Gold and some gems ;). Let me know if you do head to GG I have two weeks off starting next Monday :D :D :D I'm sure we could tee something up, Lee doesn't need any persuading to head to GG :rolleyes: ;)

Catch ya

Col

I will be off from 4/10. Shall we meet up there?

I'll let you know if we end up out that way malau

Cheers

C&l

Hey Col,

I am thinking go to Tuena this Fri or Sun... see if any chances to meet up?

malau said:
Hey Col,

I am thinking go to Tuena this Fri or Sun... see if any chances to meet up?

Mate, my cars at the mechanics at the mo, I was supposed to go up today. I think it's a blown head gasket, so I may not be going anywhere for a wee while depending on financial damage from the mechanic.

I'll let you know if I'm heading out in the near future.

Cheers

Col

Arrived at Crookwell. Took longer than I thought.
We travelled through, Sandy Hollow, Rylestone, Bathurst to avoid Sydney.
Went through some country we hadn't been through before.
Stopped at Turns for a quick look.
Might hit GG in the morning as it's closer.

Hey Rod , that is a long trip via the back roads , but some spectacular countryside to be seen. I hope you get to GG & some of the members are there to assist. Cheers Paul

Hey Paul . yes a long trip but we enjoy our road trips together.
Prefer the country scenery than the city hassles.
Plus we passed through Turon... Staying Sofala Thurs night now :)
May as well check out all the areas while in the neighbourhood. ;)
Off to GG in the morning... 4 Layers of clothing. Bloody cold here.

Damn Rod, now I am jealous. I've yet to go on my first trip. Still a few things I need to get, hopefully it will happen soon. Good luck and enjoy but most of all, take care out there. Looking forward to the stories and pics :)

I'm sure you will clean it up big time lol, prepare yourself to really get hooked :)

Hey guys !
So where is GG? What's it stand for ! New to all this and want to get into prospecting ! Still in the process of buying all my gear n stuff ! Any advise on where I should go etc etc ? Would love to be steered in the right direction .

Kind regards
Will

Wilsta2010 said:
Hey guys !
So where is GG? What's it stand for ! New to all this and want to get into prospecting ! Still in the process of buying all my gear n stuff ! Any advise on where I should go etc etc ? Would love to be steered in the right direction .

Kind regards
Will

Hi Will
GG is Grabben Gullen. Between Crookwell and Goulbourn.

Spent a few hours in the creek today.
A few small specks of gold and some tiny tiny sapphires.
Would have liked more but as a beginner it's to be expected.
Definaterly had some panning practice. :D
I'm to old for this shit ;) got sore muscles I didn't know I owned.
Rest a little then head back out I think.

Yep she can be pretty hard work, but don't worry I usually come home aching like a 90 year old too :lol:.

Did you take the sluice?

Hahahaha Rod, you're definitely sounding like a seasoned pro. I've heard the part about hating to love it all over the net before. Mate! I've got news for you, you're hooked lol. Love it love it :) Now I've got to find me own muscles that I don't know I've got as well. Can't wait.

Latest posts