Erlistoun Station - Laverton W.A.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one was a toughie to write and is not aimed at any one at all.

I love having visitors, as most times through the year I dont see many people. I also love helping people out but often its to my own detriment.
Every year most visitors sooner or later ask me where they can go to score some gold. Ive given up spots that have produced for them many ounces including nuggets up to a 9.2 oz piece. I may never have walked over it and good luck to them. Ive also given spots that have given up nothing more at all. If I knew where the gold was Id be there digging it up myself.

Unfortunately, with the mining activity on Erlistoun rapidly increasing, prospecting areas are shrinking and the gold is getting harder to find.
Just this month alone a new haul road has been pushed from the Erlistoun pit across the Bandya road to the new Banego pit which then runs through to the new Idaho pit and on to the Rosemont mine on Banjawarn station. This is being fenced as I type this.

Behind King of Creation a lease is being pushed, same as out at Palliards. Erlistoun is very active at the moment and there are drill rigs behind every bush it seems.

As finding gold is my only source of income, as much as I would like to I can no longer afford to give up spots as I am cutting my own throat. This may be your hobby but please understand it is my livelihood.
Visitors are more than welcome but please dont ask me where to get gold so I dont have to feel like a bastard when I say no.

Cheers!

I don't see why anyone would have a problem with this MT.

I know it is 'nice' to be able to point people in a direction and get them on the gold but you have to keep the wolf from the door.

Just being able to visit the area, put a face to a name and have a few beers should be all the gold a visitor should expect anyway.

Keep doing what you are doing :Y:

madtuna said:

I love having visitors, as most times through the year I dont see many people. I also love helping people out but often its to my own detriment.
Every year most visitors sooner or later ask me where they can go to score some gold. Ive given up spots that have produced for them many ounces including nuggets up to a 9.2 oz piece. I may never have walked over it and good luck to them. Ive also given spots that have given up nothing more at all. If I knew where the gold was Id be there digging it up myself.

Unfortunately, with the mining activity on Erlistoun rapidly increasing, prospecting areas are shrinking and the gold is getting harder to find.
Just this month alone a new haul road has been pushed from the Erlistoun pit across the Bandya road to the new Banego pit which then runs through to the new Idaho pit and on to the Rosemont mine on Banjawarn station. This is being fenced as I type this.

Behind King of Creation a lease is being pushed, same as out at Palliards. Erlistoun is very active at the moment and there are drill rigs behind every bush it seems.

As finding gold is my only source of income, as much as I would like to I can no longer afford to give up spots as I am cutting my own throat. This may be your hobby but please understand it is my livelihood.
Visitors are more than welcome but please dont ask me where to get gold so I dont have to feel like a bastard when I say no.

Cheers!

well your off the xmas card list.....

I can testify that steve has been more than generous with his advice and help. But his current position is totaly understandable ,(who else is going to say i know where some gold is but you can go and take it), thanks for your past help mate and we hope to catch up soon.
Jim

madtuna said:

Cheers!

Don't have any problems with your livelihood MT :beer: :beer: if I were in your shoes I'd be the same.

Hi MT, I always thought that you were a station worker and fossicked for a hobby. Sorry for not understanding.
Hope you find heaps mate. :Y: :Y: :power: :power:
Mackka

Goldchaser1 said:
madtuna said:

Cheers!

well your off the xmas card list.....

This xmas will make it number 54 you've not sent a card you miserable bastard :D

Latest posts