Eldorado / Beechworth area information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just on this is there much water in the creek up there atm as is thinking of shooting up that way for a couple days for panning

SWright said:
Sunday sounds good but I will need somewhere only a few meters from the water
All good steve My 1 1/2 inch lay flat is coming back tomorrow so we should be able to run 2 boxes off 1 pump.

where the nugget said:
just on this is there much water in the creek up there atm as is thinking of shooting up that way for a couple days for panning
Water level is just right for panning & crevising IF you can find a crevise thats not been done for a while.
HardLuck Wrote: Any chance of a campout? I wouldn't mind a night or two under the stars. I do not know the area but would like to get out that way.
I'll cheer the team on whilst you do your thing.

I can probably burn some steak with you on the sunday night then head home (or stay) n drink some more.

I don't know about the Reedy Creek area, but I can tell you from wanderings in the last 48 hours that Myrtleford, Bright, Harrietville, and Wandilagong are all standing-room only.
Heard on the news that 60,000 Victorians rushed back over the border to beat the shutdown.....from what I've seen lately, I reckon most of them decided to finish their interrupted holiday in NE Vic :(
Good luck with finding somewhere to camp.

jethro said:
where the nugget said:
Water level is just right for panning & crevising IF you can find a crevise thats not been done for a while.
HardLuck Wrote: Any chance of a campout? I wouldn't mind a night or two under the stars. I do not know the area but would like to get out that way.
I'll cheer the team on whilst you do your thing.

I can probably burn some steak with you on the sunday night then head home (or stay) n drink some more.

Yeah, I'd be looking at leaving by Sunday. Not really looking to camp alone (i'm a scaredy cat..lol). Bit too far for a day trip for me, and from what Katabatic is saying, if it is that packed things do not sound too good.

I'm in for sunday,going for a look around bright do some panning a sluicing today and tmorrow

Saturday (tomorrow) would have worked for me (assuming I could invite myself along) but Sunday is a no go,.

Hope you blokes enjoy yourselves, may you stay hydrated, and the gold jars be heavy :Y:

Is heading up that way in the early hours of Saturday morning 4hr drive from my part of melb lol. going to be camping up there on sat night any suggestions on an camp area with easy access for a normal road vehicle

Up or down from Kangaroo Crossing you should be fine, although its always been busy in Jan with visitors, maybe even more so this year.

You could try Mcfeeters road if all the easy spots are taken, or have a chat to Beechworth Tourist information.

Ive gotten in a few tight spots when I had my Au ute with a lowered from end like Chinese gardens or down near the hut in the Summer, sometimes best just to do a bit of a walk to have a look.

Theres gold pretty much all along the entire river, water might be a factor. There was some big falls here to the south west where I am, doesnt need much rain up there to get things going. Benalla had mini flooding this fortnight so my guess is should be some water around.

Had a good little meet up today with S,Wright, Golddoc, Northeast & Limpalot down near McFeeters Crossing. The weather was pretty warm away from the creek, which is still flowing nicely. Water Temp was just right for a cool off, after a day on the highbanker on a big flood wash terrace. Id worked this spot about 20yrs ago with good results but the best wash has long been processed. I got a bit of colour but nothing like the 10+ grams we got from an area about 40 metres square just taking the surface down to about 3 inches all those yrs ago.

Yes, was good to put 3 new faces to the names.

Incredible amount of black sands amongst the colours and good to see a high banker in action for the first time (Jethro's).

Got a few good pointer's about setting up the sluice off Limpalot :Y:

Finally made it into the river this evening after running kids around everywhere for the afternoon. Nice to cool off eventually.

Thanks for a good day out gents ;)

Latest posts