Eden Park Gold?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My parents have a property in Eden Park (Whittlesea) which is not to far from Yarrambat and Kinglake which we know had gold mines.

The land has an old river or creek that has been dammed off twice on my parents property and I was asking dad if he knew the name of the river or creek. Sadly he didn't but than he went on to tell me that when they brought the land they where told there is a possibility of gold in it.

So I am trying to find an old map that might have the creek/rivers name so I can see if people have have gold in it before.

I know your thinking why don't I go check, but I haven't got a permit or equipment yet.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Jason

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...lbournes-suburbs/story-fni0fit3-1226796054871
7 Jan 2014 ... Named after Partick O'Hannigan, an Irish miner who found gold there in 1860. ... Competitors slogged it out at last year's Victorian All Schools Cross .... The land was subdivided into Eden Park Estate during the 1890s' after Mr ...

That's all i could find in Google, but there are a few creeks in the area,the Yarra ck, Barber Ck and Plenty River-Pretty dry windblown spot out there as i used to work in the local Telephone Exchanges-in another life..... :p

Thanks for that information Jaros.

I have found a historic club and have asked if they know what it might be called.

Most of the river has been filled in on most the properties apart from my parents land where there is 4-500 meters of dried up river bed that's around 10 meters deep. So it might be hard to find the old name.

Latest posts