Durikai, Talgai, Thanes creek (Qld) Queensland information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive been told there aint much gold there....
Old designated areas like that have been flogged hence why we need new areas...
Jaros your off chops mate...lmfao
Hahaha Silver is like wtf!!

We are here and going out to the newly opened state forest area for fossicking. Well this is what we believe newly opened Durakai .. It is approximately 27km west of Warwick. It is a dry area but we have a minelabs sdc2300 does anyone have any advice ?
Sincerely Greywolf.

Only from what I have heard .................. keep a close eye on your gear as apparently a fair bit of pilfering in the area :mad:

dont expect to find heaps of gold,very hard at the best of times, the scd2300 goes well at carbeen road other than that good luck.
anyway if you staying at glendons i will be their friday night at the top camp come and say hello..(homemade camper/trailer with grumps humpy over the back door).

Guys thank you for your feedback, spent 2 days detecting in the Durakia state forest and at GLendons, had no luck. We are off to Clermont tomorrow and the Charters Towers, will keep you informed should I have some luck.

Greywolf

Back- reno's completed, work back on track- thinking hey, I can get out, but where to go? :rolleyes:

Anybody been to Durakai lately? Still haven't a lot of time available so thought of a quick dash up there after the rain stops?

Look forward to any feedback, or other options that I haven't thought of within a 3 hour drive of Brisvegas....?

Cheers

Hi Status Quo,

Detecting at Deep Creek Gympie is a challenge...lot's of junk so must dig every target to get some gold. Some small bits have been found there. Place needs a big fluch out which will probably happen with the rain we are getting now.

Durikai is probably a better bet either at Glendon's property or at the designated fossicking areas. They have had a bit of rain out there so might also be good for panning.

I goit a sub-grammer at Duikai last week. 0.08gram...small but picked up with my SDC.

What detector do you run??
cheers
Mike

Yeah mate, as Mike said DC need's a clean out and apparently is getting it now. Mike did alright up at Warwick..Mike we still need a report and some pics matey. lol :Y:

Think the rain will be good- was there maybe two years ago and caught up with a fella who had done pretty good after the rain had been/ better than me ! Thanks for the replies, Mike I run an original golden hawk- she's a beautie and I got high hopes for her?
But she's yet to prove up !

Cheers

Is there good nuggets being found up there, thought it was all flogged out, so I was told.
I used to hang around with Bruce up there, haven't heard from him for a while, is he still detecting up there?

Brad..

Brad, Bruce is still in the area. As far as I know he also offers detecting/training tours at Durikai.

Stories from regulars suggest there is gold still being found at Durikai..I have found several sub-grammars there with my SDC...nothing above a gram so far...but I don't get there as much as I'd like.
Cheers
Mike

Thanks Mike,

Just havent heard from him for a while, thought he would of blown thru somewhere, maybe to better gold :lol:

Thanks
Brad

Hi everyone,

After some advice please. We are in the Warwick area at the moment & spent the day at Durakai with not much luck (although lots of fun!). We know that time on the ground is key & don't mind putting in the hard work :)

We have a 4x4 and an SDC 2300, we are new to prospecting & would love some advice/tips on which areas to try in Durakai. No set time limit, but we are yet to find our first piece of gold.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you :Y:

Hev

Latest posts