DRONE ZONE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recon it showed off where the track in to those old buildings are pretty good hey (left view) ;) ;)

nucopia said:
Nice chewy :perfect:
I have a long way to go to get to where you are with taking video ..im still working out how to fly the thing.
Lol I dunno about that nucopia, I'm very much the beginner myself mate. I got very brave today and flew Fat Larry waaaaay out over the Valley Lake. It didn't fall out of the sky and land in the duck :poop: rich water which is always a bonus. I'm slowly getting used to the controls, there is a fair bit going on, on the remote controls wise. I get a unco and pan the wrong way or tilt the camera up or down oppsite direction to what I intended a bit frequently. :lol: Didn't get it on video, but today a bloody crow tried to take Fat Larry out. The bugger got damn close but was out of frame. Also I experimented with filming in the h.265 video codec, which is meant to produce better HDR or something. (No idea it's just betterer they reckon). It's meant to be a bit more heavy on pooter's though, so it will be interesting to see how the lappy handles the hard yakka and if the results are worth it. Had a big day with Karnak and Jazzy today, they had a play at the playground at the sports park I flew at when the crow attacked Fat Larry. Dropped in at the Umpherston cave, (I have to fly that if I can pick a time when nobody is there, early morning job maybe oneday). Then we hit the Valley Lakes playground, after that and I put the drone over water. :eek: Then filmed my 1st sunset(crappy as it was), and I got to see the led spot light under Fat Larry in action as it turned on as I was landing it. (It wasn't dark but was twilight). Came jome and the kids had tea, then we took off back to Umpherston cave with some fruit to feed the possums in the cave. I really need to come up with some new places to fly. Got 1 or 2 in mind but need to check them out first. People are popping up everywhere I go with the sun coming out, so are the people. :lol:

So after seeing a post on the Mavic pilots forum and doing a bit of research, I have found that apparently although land managed by Parks Victoria such as state parks and national parks are not to be flown in, delwp managed forests (state forests) are actually sweet to fly in. :D :Y: :cool: rock on!
1566047186_screenshot_20190816-221415_chrome.jpg
in relation to the national and state parks the following shows how taking off and landing is where you don't want to be in the park. But taking off outside of the park and flying in airspace above the parks seems to be out of their jurisdiction and therefore within the limits of reason. As long as the CASA recreational rules are followed. I still wouldn't fly in some areas anyway just because of saftey.
1566047722_screenshot_20190816-225139_facebook.jpg
1566047766_screenshot_20190816-221555_chrome.jpg

H.265 did not start out well. The files wouldn't play on my 6 month old lappy with windows 10. They also just gave me a "media offline" msg when I tried to play them in my editing software. So after a quick google I discovered Microsoft took out the extension required in windows. You can download a free version on the microsoft website, don't pay the dollar 40 or whatever it is, trust me there is a free version. You just need to do a search for it. So installed that, and low and beerholder h.265 works. The main benefit of using h.265 apparently is it is like doubling the bit rate, allowing more information/detail in the video. I have had a play with it and slapped a lut on it. (Look Up Table), kinda like a snapchat filter but not as wanky. Turns out Resolve has 6 DJI luts in it's lut library, just select the 1 you want and drag it onto the footage and bingo bango, it looks amazing.

Chewy said:
H.265 did not start out well. The files wouldn't play on my 6 month old lappy with windows 10. They also just gave me a "media offline" msg when I tried to play them in my editing software. So after a quick google I discovered Microsoft took out the extension required in windows. You can download a free version on the microsoft website, don't pay the dollar 40 or whatever it is, trust me there is a free version. You just need to do a search for it. So installed that, and low and beerholder h.265 works. The main benefit of using h.265 apparently is it is like doubling the bit rate, allowing more information/detail in the video. I have had a play with it and slapped a lut on it. (Look Up Table), kinda like a snapchat filter but not as wanky. Turns out Resolve has 6 DJI luts in it's lut library, just select the 1 you want and drag it onto the footage and bingo bango, it looks amazing.

Gee Chewy, I didn't know we had to learn a new language to fly a drone :) :)

Chewy said:

Chewy, much of that went right over my head. Is there a LUT that I can used to decifer the gobbledegook?

Just Kidding :)

Rob P.

Not a very good video too jerkey and the drone was skittish because when it took off, a bull became startled and charged me a few times and i lost my footing on the banks of the rice fields.
This is one of our fields 66,950 square meters of rice and corn with a small rest house pump well and tiny 25 metre fish pond.
[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/DA_M_QZrxKU[/video]

nucopia said:
Not a very good video too jerkey and the drone was skittish because when it took off, a bull became startled and charged me a few times and i lost my footing on the banks of the rice fields.
This is one of our fields 66,950 square meters of rice and corn with a small rest house pump well and tiny 25 metre fish pond.
[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/DA_M_QZrxKU[/video]

Sounds like a lot of bull to me :p