DRONE ZONE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PabloP said:
Wishfull said:
So you haven't crashed it yet Chewy :D
Looked like he went darned close with a few of those trees when using the smart "a", follow me feature.

Rob P.
Not yet Pablo, yes it got close to the trees a few times before steering around the spindly branches. A little too close once, and it almost crashed but gave the spindly branches a bit of a trim, moved over a bit and was all good. So far I've managed to keep it in the air. I'd love to see an update so that all of the sensors work in all modes unless switched off.

I have a question for the fpv experts.

I've been looking at a cheap drone to have a play with, most must have an app loaded into a smart phone to use fpv with them, which seems ok untill you dig a bit deeper and find the app wants 5g wifi but all the phones only seem to support the 2.4ghz. so how do you work around this problem.
cheers Keith

I got a Monday arvo flight in yesterday. Had a bit of a close call that made me almost :poop: my dax. So I relocated Fat Larry and myself to the Blue lake. Australia's most recently active volcano, it last erupted (quite explosively) about 5000 years ago last Tuesday at 2pm. ;) As the name suggests the Blue lake is a lake and it's blue... something about calcium carbonate crystals and refracting sunlight, I wasn't really listening that day at primary school. Anyway you'll see it in the vid. Cheers Chewy. :Y: [video=480,360]https://youtu.be/PA35s7SBrmA[/video]

Brings back memories Chewy thanks! As there was no hospital in Andamooka, I was born in Mt Gambier hospital.
Not long after, we left Andamooka and we spent a few years in Mt Gambier and the surrounding areas.

My dad told us Santa lived in Centenary Tower, and as a kid we believed him because dad never lied.
Dad also told us if you stood in SA and piddled over the border into Vic it took 1/2 an hour to hit the ground. Eventually we tried it and found it wasn't true, that's when we figured he probably lied about Santa living in the tower too.

xcvator said:
Just wondering if any 1 has seen or tried 1 of these drones

https://www.banggood.com/Xiaomi-FIM...F-p-1368969.html?ID=533034&cur_warehouse=GWTR

They seem to get good reviews and I really like the idea of not having to use your phone as a monitor

cheers Keith

Nice looking drone xcvator but the draw back for me would be that its not a foldable drone so portability.
Apart from that it looks pretty good.
Like you, i like the idea of not needing to use an app and a phone .. the Xiaomi Has a remote with screen about the same size as my drone when its folded..from the reviews I have read and some vids it looks like it performs well and has some good fetures.
Let us know how it flys if you do eventually buy one.
:Y:

Remember it is under $300, vid quality is not as good as a $1k machine, still are ok.
Video can be hampered by the wind.
Pic of Dunolly [resized so quality dropped a tad]

1565825225_capture.jpg

Good pics nucopia. :Y: I managed to get out for a fly Wednesday arvo. It was a little breezy but not too bad. Mainly played with the settings a bit just experimenting to find the best settings to record with. Tried recording in D-cinelike, which is a flat video profile. It flattens the colour but retains more of the image in shadows and highlights. So that gives you a bit more to play with in editing software, if you want to colour grade the vid. Not something I know much about but been youtube videos learning about it.

Latest posts