DRONE ZONE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, if drones arent allowed to fly over populated areas, how's Amazon going to deliver goods, or is it 1 rule for them and another for everyone else?

Im looking at getting the Parrot BeBop2, any thoughts on this or any other comparable drone in this price range?

I like this one because of the 2km range for fpv.

I'll have to buy locally, as we are traveling around Oz and have no postal address.
Cheers.

Just check the phone requirements for the controller app. Most fpv drones must have 5g wifi ( 801.11ac) which are most iphones but for android you will have search through the specs as some have it and some don't, that's why I went for the Fimi A3, it has it's own built in screen.The other thing to remember is that using video goggles while flying a drone is illegal in Australia.

xcvator said:
Just check the phone requirements for the controller app. Most fpv drones must have 5g wifi ( 801.11ac) which are most iphones but for android you will have search through the specs as some have it and some don't, that's why I went for the Fimi A3, it has it's own built in screen.The other thing to remember is that using video goggles while flying a drone is illegal in Australia.

Thanks for that, btw, what isn't illegal in Au$tralia?

Ramjet said:
Well I didn't expect all the nagativity and "expert" opinions on what is legal and what is not. Maybe I should just delete the whole topic.
Here, here mate. Fully agreed.

I saw so many beautiful "bird fly view" type pics that I thought to buy a dron, too. I see it also as potentially great help tool in the field to check the area for detailed view of the terrain. Can save a lot of unnecessary walking, and time waste, too. That thing could be really great help in prospecting new unknown areas, I think. :)

Opalian said:
Ramjet said:
Well I didn't expect all the nagativity and "expert" opinions on what is legal and what is not. Maybe I should just delete the whole topic.
Here, here mate. Fully agreed.
Welcome aboard.... maybe read whats been said since that post was made???

I think I'm on my way to becoming a cinematic drone flying god as Ikopta says. I've even got the t-shirt to prove it. :lol: I had a rare moment when I had some spare time yesty, so snuck down to our local volcano and practiced a few shots. Hope you all enjoy it. Cheers Chewy. [video=480,360]https://youtu.be/TLbJbjLLQh0[/video]

Who's the handsome dude in the sunnies following your drone? :lol:
Great vid, hopefully I'll be able to be as good as you.....one day

I get daily emails from Ozbargain, only last week one popped up "[Special Order] DJI Mavic 2 Zoom Drone $298 Pick up /+ Delivery @ Bunnings"

I was busy at the time and just thought it must be a very low-end DJI model.....I don't follow drone tech.

Turns out a trainee/intern mistyped the price (more like ~ $1829) and approximately 82 units per state will be honoured and a substantial number of people who miss out will be given $250 gift cards.

It was like a lightbulb going off in my head only later in the day, knowing I should have paid more attention when my sister's partner showed me his Parrot BeeBop 2 and let me take it for a burl.

Since then I have been looking at the Parrot ANAFI, Hubsan Zino Pro and FIMI X8 SE.

I'll pay greater attention next time!

AussieChris said:
I get daily emails from Ozbargain, only last week one popped up "[Special Order] DJI Mavic 2 Zoom Drone $298 Pick up /+ Delivery @ Bunnings"

I was busy at the time and just thought it must be a very low-end DJI model.....I don't follow drone tech.

Turns out a trainee/intern mistyped the price (more like ~ $1829) and approximately 82 units per state will be honoured and a substantial number of people who miss out will be given $250 gift cards.

It was like a lightbulb going off in my head only later in the day, knowing I should have paid more attention when my sister's partner showed me his Parrot BeeBop 2 and let me take it for a burl.

Since then I have been looking at the Parrot ANAFI, Hubsan Zino Pro and FIMI X8 SE.

I'll pay greater attention next time!
Yeah I saw that on 1 of the fb pages the other day, great deal if you could get onto it, I have already seen 1 for sale picked up at the low price. Good luck to them for being so quick...sucks to be Bunnings I guess. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks xcavator, the drone does a great job in the wind but I found it did drift a little a few times and had to correct with some constant opposite stick. There was some clips I didn't use I might make into another shorter vid. :Y:

Latest posts