DIY 3 tray dry blower

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only a little bit of time on dry blower over the last couple of days, life keeps getting in the way.
Riffle trays are done and ready for a coat of paint. Last wall on hopper. Now working out the screen.
Hello Custard, you've got a really interesting project here. How come you moved away from the 3 Keene trays to the ones you built yourself? Was that so you could use bellows?

Hello Custard, you've got a really interesting project here. How come you moved away from the 3 Keene trays to the ones you built yourself? Was that so you could use bellows?
G'day Bevn,
Found out early when looking into what to build the bellows or constant air discussion is like the Ford or Holden.
A few things drove my decision,
1) Cost - by the time you buy three keene trays and air supply is quite expensive. Then you still have to build the rest.
The one I'm building will cost about $6k (excluding labour). Is alot of bloody work though
2) When looking at throughput it appeared i would get more through the 2 X bellows trays than I would through 3 X keene trays
3) I was introduced to a bloke who had built 4 X 6 tray bellows units, so there is alot of knowledge available.
4) Really enjoyed Moneybox's and Nightjar articles and builds, looked like fun.
5) Bellows sound cool. 😎

Evening Moneybox,
My ones are boat motor engine mounts. Hopefully will work out, but will certainly look into the springs as an option if all goes to sh#t with current set up.

Yes I realise those are HD engine mounts however they are designed to insulate engine vibration while preventing excessive engine movement. I think you'll find that they will keep your screen nicely steady when you really want it vibrating madly ;) but as you say, you'll never know until you give it a go and it's easily corrected if it doesn't work well.

G'day Bevn,
Found out early when looking into what to build the bellows or constant air discussion is like the Ford or Holden.
A few things drove my decision,
1) Cost - by the time you buy three keene trays and air supply is quite expensive. Then you still have to build the rest.
The one I'm building will cost about $6k (excluding labour). Is alot of bloody work though
2) When looking at throughput it appeared i would get more through the 2 X bellows trays than I would through 3 X keene trays
3) I was introduced to a bloke who had built 4 X 6 tray bellows units, so there is alot of knowledge available.
4) Really enjoyed Moneybox's and Nightjar articles and builds, looked like fun.
5) Bellows sound cool. 😎
Custard, Comment (5) When you finally get into dryblowing you'll find nothing "cool" it's more like sweat and tears.🤣

Latest posts