Blower style Dry Blower build

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great result seems to flow well for material that is not completely dry, resuls will only get better...
Was fortunate enough to get out with Flashinthepan and tried his "mini" loaming bellows version ... great flow action but similar to yours the damper dirt packed in tight against the riffles, with dryer conditions more of this will flow out rather than pack in leaving more room for gold.
Cheers Tom

Thanks Tom,

I was pretty happy with it. Its a great feeling being out there using something that you have built...and it actually works.

The damp dirt only built up a little in the riffles, I cleaned out every 30 mins at the most. I reckon if I had let it go for any longer there would have been heaps more.

So when are we planning a mass dry blow get together? How does the month of October sound?

Cheers,

same over this way, usually its rubbish this time of the year. I think I have till Monday when the forecast is for 14 degrees, wind and rain...its all downhill from there.

Cheers

bloody chilly this morning but the suns out, might have to give it a crack this weekend and see how i go. the frost is helping draw the moisture out of the soil :)

I concur buddy, places I couldn't get to wood cutting and hunting have opened up in the last three weeks considerably. There's not too many weeks between mud and dust left.

mjb. your designs are awesome. i need a replacement fan for my unit. any chance you can help with ideas or sell one? thanks

Hi Spike gold,

yeah mate, no worries. I can knock one up for you. Since you don't have 10 posts up yet to PM me, just send an email and we can discuss dimensions etc.

Cheers

I know this is a bit of a grave dig, but how did the dry blower work for you over summer ? Many mods done or are you still happy with the final product ? Or did it spend summer in the shed ?

Latest posts