Cyclones

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...yeah, I've got my fingers crossed, carting water for my small herd of young cattle, both dams are dry.
Fortunately house tanks have a large storage/catchment capacity and with the few storms that have passed over us, the tanks have been getting topped up.
Need a minimum of 50-75 mm to get water flowing into the dams and I think we'd probably need a further 100mm once the ground water starts running. Been here over 6 years and never had dams dry up before.

Edit: 10K past Willowbank/Ipswich raceway on the Cunningham Hwy

Latest-Looks like a good deal of rain in the spirals.
1550646074_shgmscol_4.jpg

Yes it is a large system with lots of cloud/rain, but it is only a cat 2 and is expected to remain as such... But Cyclones are unpredictable so who knows what could happen in the next 3 days...
A cat1 storm has winds up to 125kmh..
A cat 2 has winds up to 164kmh..
Its when they are cat 3 with winds up to 224kmh you really need to consider what your plan is...
And a cat4 winds up to 279 kmh..
A cat5 is over 300 kmh + THAT is time to put your head between your knees or Get out...

The latest projection is anywhere between Tweed Heads and Frasier Island... Time to get ready... Strongest I have been through is a cat3 and I never want to do that again... 1986 TC Winifred north of Port Douglass... Scary :poop:

LW....

Heatho said:
LoneWolf said:
There WILL be 100 by the end of today.. And 500 by the week-end.........We also have a Tractor towing a Sifting Machine that does the beaches every morning To remove broken Glass, needles rubbish ect... that's why they hit the beaches in the afternoon.... Some have very good set-ups too... One Couple that's always there(live in a hi-rise) has little flags and when He finds something he inserts his flag for the Missus to dig and he keeps going with his very large coil...... My Missus calls it 'Speed Detecting'... I have even seen punch-ups over areas... Not worth it Unless you know where it ends up after a storm... ;)

LW

Even more tempted now, lol. :playful:
Get there at 2am when they are all sleeping :lol: :lol: :lol: :power:

Wishfull said:
LoneWolf said:
There WILL be 100 by the end of today.. And 500 by the week-end.........We also have a Tractor towing a Sifting Machine that does the beaches every morning To remove broken Glass, needles rubbish ect... that's why they hit the beaches in the afternoon.... Some have very good set-ups too... One Couple that's always there(live in a hi-rise) has little flags and when He finds something he inserts his flag for the Missus to dig and he keeps going with his very large coil...... My Missus calls it 'Speed Detecting'... I have even seen punch-ups over areas... Not worth it Unless you know where it ends up after a storm... ;)

LW
Just looked up our total for Janauary to now is 5.4 mm. My tanks are almost dry. There are native trees dieing around this area. Ouue average is around 504 mm annualy.

Anyway hope you guys get a nice constant light rain for a few days so it soaks in.

Got you skun Wishful, 8.3mm year to date in Adelaide, hanging out for some rain, let's hope Qld gets a bit and we get a bit of the tail push some weather our way. Cockies on the peninsula would be starting to want some sub soil moisture.

Driving home this arvo the news was saying around 200mm plus over the weekend, add high tides and things are going to get interesting, the Sanctuary Cove choke on the Coomera River could produce flooding around Oxenford but at least I'll get my tanks filled.

Big day tomorrow prepping the beach front tower block I manage as any winds over around 50kmph play havoc with our aging lifts and 32 stories without lifts... well could stuff my weekend :mad:

Get there at 2 am wont help as the Tractor starts then....

Good luck Dihusky.... I have to get sandbags in the morning for my Sisters place...

I love living on Hills... Blxxdy big flood to get Me....
Doubt this will be too bad on the Gold Coast, The usual places will flood, The beaches will take a big battering, a bit of wind and some much needed rain.. We have had worse before...
Latest from my Model (the brunette) says it will be a cat1 by mid morning as The 'Eye' is closing, that means it is weakening... The further south it travels the less intensity it will be... Cooler water is a Cyclone Killer...
I sacked My Blond Model as she said Omar is going to hit Perth.... Cant Trust Weather Models.... :(

LW....

LoneWolf said:
Get there at 2 am wont help as the Tractor starts then....

Good luck Dihusky.... I have to get sandbags in the morning for my Sisters place...

I love living on Hills... Blxxdy big flood to get Me....
Doubt this will be too bad on the Gold Coast, The usual places will flood, The beaches will take a big battering, a bit of wind and some much needed rain.. We have had worse before...
Latest from my Model (the brunette) says it will be a cat1 by mid morning as The 'Eye' is closing, that means it is weakening... The further south it travels the less intensity it will be... Cooler water is a Cyclone Killer...
I sacked My Blond Model as she said Omar is going to hit Perth.... Cant Trust Weather Models.... :(

LW....
No tractors on any beach around bribie island or surrounding beaches.. :)

True but Lots of mozzies tho... :) Went camping on Bribie once ... Ok during the day but once night falls. Lookout....

Are 4x4's allowed back on the beach?... That was the best part... :D

LW...

Looks like it Billy :eek:
1550669774_screenshot_2019-02-20-23-31-06.jpg

you got the sight mate !
Me too........
Hows this for a swimming buddy
1550669943_screenshot_2018-01-25-02-07-23_-_copy_-_copy.jpg

LoneWolf said:
True but Lots of mozzies tho... :) Went camping on Bribie once ... Ok during the day but once night falls. Lookout....

Are 4x4's allowed back on the beach?... That was the best part... :D

LW...
Yer mate.
Just need a permit which will cost you your arm and a leg.
And mozzies will suck you dry.They will lick off the tropical strength rid to get to your skin.. :awful:

Latest posts