Cyclones

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to something other than hot and dry.
Also looking forward to water in the tanks.
But I'm really looking forward to the beaches being striped of sand because I'm a selfish bastard and want to have an exciting weekend detecting coins. :lol: :beer: :beer:

silver said:
I think there's a border checkpoint on detectors moving north during cyclone season lol :p

Ohhh damn, might have to go the back way or find a mule to smuggle them across the border for me. :p

Hmmm, I wonder if it might run down the coast too, haven't had a proper ECL here for quite a while, I cleaned up pretty good during the last big one. Last big that stripped Manly beach I found a few silvers from the 1800's.

The Locals will beat you to it Heatho, every afternoon there would be 10 guys with detectors hitting the beach at Surfers... Same with the other beaches.. The hobby is very popular up here....

LW....

LoneWolf said:
The Locals will beat you to it Heatho, every afternoon there would be 10 guys with detectors hitting the beach at Surfers... Same with the other beaches.. The hobby is very popular up here....

LW....

ROFLMFAO

More like 100.

There are car loads heading off as it is.. All chasing the pot.

While I would love to head off and have a swing, the thought of doing battle with some local over a cut, does nothing for me...

will wait a bit and hit any gutters in the water...

Latest look
1550638339_shgmscol_3.jpg

There WILL be 100 by the end of today.. And 500 by the week-end.........We also have a Tractor towing a Sifting Machine that does the beaches every morning To remove broken Glass, needles rubbish ect... that's why they hit the beaches in the afternoon.... Some have very good set-ups too... One Couple that's always there(live in a hi-rise) has little flags and when He finds something he inserts his flag for the Missus to dig and he keeps going with his very large coil...... My Missus calls it 'Speed Detecting'... I have even seen punch-ups over areas... Not worth it Unless you know where it ends up after a storm... ;)

LW

Man that's huge ! Hope it's not going to go inland.
Told my cousin that was visiting from south Brisbane about it. He had no clue about it. He flew back Monday. Keep us updated Jaros. Stay safe. And keep our banana prices down please.

Edit
How did Noumea cope with that cyclone ?

Not a very large/strong system. Just looks large with all the cloud.. I do hope it hits the coast somewhere as inland really needs the rain.... I was out Warwick the other day and everything is Dead... My mate has only had 24mm since Mid December... He's at Thanes Creek.. but some others in the area have had 80mm... We need a massive dump to put out a very large fire burning south of Stanthorpe that has linked up with that Tabulam fire that destroyed houses ect... The only way to fight this fire is from the air as it's into the Gorge country now with no access for trucks....

They got some rain and a bit of wind Wishfull, just passed them as a cat1 before gaining strength... They are used to them at this time of year... After all it is Cyclone/Monsoon Season...

Its when they are a Cat3+ when you need to put your head between your knees or run away....

LW....

LoneWolf said:
There WILL be 100 by the end of today.. And 500 by the week-end.........We also have a Tractor towing a Sifting Machine that does the beaches every morning To remove broken Glass, needles rubbish ect... that's why they hit the beaches in the afternoon.... Some have very good set-ups too... One Couple that's always there(live in a hi-rise) has little flags and when He finds something he inserts his flag for the Missus to dig and he keeps going with his very large coil...... My Missus calls it 'Speed Detecting'... I have even seen punch-ups over areas... Not worth it Unless you know where it ends up after a storm... ;)

LW

Even more tempted now, lol. :playful:

LoneWolf said:

LW
Just looked up our total for Janauary to now is 5.4 mm. My tanks are almost dry. There are native trees dieing around this area. Ouue average is around 504 mm annualy.

Anyway hope you guys get a nice constant light rain for a few days so it soaks in.

Best of luck with the rain I hope you get just enough for everyone who is desperate for it and enough to knock off the fire's but not too much that causes people more problems.

Latest posts