Ctx Madness

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice hunting Heatho, hard ground ?(ground slide micro marks) I get them if the grounds hard and I pop too much dirt at once instead of archaeological precision quality retrieval type digging, sometimes I still rush in if it's too hot or I'm getting tired, even after all these years I get them sometimes ,... probably fine sand grains mixed in with a soil that can harden too tough when dry being the main cause of it all.
Still ,... Great Silvers though ! :p

The old silver is encouraging considering you haven't many, if any that old from your honey hole. Was it very deep in comparison to the other pre-decimals? :)

The ring looks like a poor man's wedding band. :D

silver said:
Nice hunting Heatho, hard ground ?(ground slide micro marks) I get them if the grounds hard and I pop too much dirt at once instead of archaeological precision quality retrieval type digging, sometimes I still rush in if it's too hot or I'm getting tired, even after all these years I get them sometimes ,... probably fine sand grains mixed in with a soil that can harden too tough when dry being the main cause of it all.

Hey Silver, no mate the ground is very soft in this spot, it's quite black organic, full of earth worms. There aqre so many worms trhat the local Magpies follow me around the field. :)

Goldpick said:
The old silver is encouraging considering you haven't many, if any that old from your honey hole. Was it very deep in comparison to the other pre-decimals? :)

The ring looks like a poor man's wedding band. :D

It was a few inches deeper than usual GP but was still a solid target though, not on detection limit or anything, so I'm pretty sure I'm not missing the older and deeper stuff. Previously the oldest coin from this spot was a 1902 Penny. The ring is quite small, I think it might be a kids ring, might be a cheap wedding band though as it's in the same type of style. If it was any lighter it would blow away in a slight breeze lol.

Thanks RJ, still plenty of ground to cover.

Heatho said:
silver said:

Hey Silver, no mate the ground is very soft in this spot, it's quite black organic, full of earth worms. There aqre so many worms trhat the local Magpies follow me around the field. :)
Yeah, I get the pies too, even had a willy wag tail dancing and chirping on my back and detector as I dug one time ,... I must be getting old and slow for that to happen !

Hit the ol honey hole again today, slowly trudging on from where I finish up, gridding each section.

Ended up with $15 in goldies, 4 x sixpence, 2 penny's and 2 half penny's.

Couldn't wash my finds today as I sliced through my fingernail yesterday with a razor blade. :(

Don't want to get it wet or get citric acid in it, that would hurt like (insert four letter word here).

Might be a few weeks until I can wash any finds again. :(

1464857332_20160602_182646.jpg

1464857332_20160602_182659.jpg

Can't wait to see the big wash up in a few weeks now, should be a small mountain of silvery goodness by then. :p
Hold the cut together with some little elastoplast bits cut to size(the cloth type), makes for quick healing. ;)

Was a shocker, I knew I'd stuffed up just as it was happening, lol. Like the cut happened in slow motion or something...... 8.(

Yeah that's how I'm sorting it out Silver, also wearing a rubber glove on that hand as well to keep the dirt out while detecting so it doesn't get infected.

Hopefully there's a good pile of silver in a few weeks to do. Would be great. :D

Gotta keep detecting Sandta, it's the only therapy that works for me, lol.

Heatho, you're having a blinder, lucky you don't have an allergy to honey.Got away from the tree loppers today and took the 3030 for a run around some of the parks that could/should have some promise.
The last park looks like it may have some value in terms of pre-decimal coins; Wandering about I scored a buck twenty in one hole and a collection of one and two cent coins in new stuff
I found what appears be two old hut areas and from these came a small silver ring, two half pennies and a sixpence along with some other brass window/door fittings.
There is a fair bit of clutter coming through the 3030; sounds a bit like an orchestra tuning their instruments, I will go back tomorrow weather permitting and play a little more with the settings and see if I can make some sense out of the audio; an old guy walking his dog stopped for a chat and he said there were some old hut ruins a few hundred metres further along the park, could be good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers, SinHof.

SinHof said:
Heatho, you're having a blinder, lucky you don't have an allergy to honey.Got away from the tree loppers today and took the 3030 for a run around some of the parks that could/should have some promise.
The last park looks like it may have some value in terms of pre-decimal coins; Wandering about I scored a buck twenty in one hole and a collection of one and two cent coins in new stuff
I found what appears be two old hut areas and from these came a small silver ring, two half pennies and a sixpence along with some other brass window/door fittings.
There is a fair bit of clutter coming through the 3030; sounds a bit like an orchestra tuning their instruments, I will go back tomorrow weather permitting and play a little more with the settings and see if I can make some sense out of the audio; an old guy walking his dog stopped for a chat and he said there were some old hut ruins a few hundred metres further along the park, could be good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers, SinHof.

Sounds like a good spot mate, hopefully there are some nice old coins there. With the audio, I run on combined audio, it's basically 4 tones conductive with a ferrous line that only grunts out a low tone with any ferrous target ID under the line. The 50 tone conductive annoys me when there are a lot of targets in the ground, I use it when there is not much clutter, but in heaps of clutter I always use combined. Give it a go anyway mate, it might help.

Latest posts