Ctx Madness

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ramjet said:
I just cannot believe the goodies coming out of this spot. Amazing.

Got 1 more sixpence today before it started raining. Then the rain stopped and I couldn't have been bothered playing in the mud, was just wet enough to make dirt stick to everything. Had to get a swing in before the big weather event this weekend, hopefully it's a big East Coast Low that finally rips some sand off the beaches.

Hi Gang,
Managed to get a day and a half in around the parks; still coming to grips with the 3030 menus etc but becoming more fluent with them,all be it slowly.
Only three pre-decimal and one silver ring for the time spent, the park that gave them up has probably got more potential but will wait till I'm fully up to speed with the 3030.
Bring on the east coast low, I need a beach swing,deep targets are easier to deal with.
Cheers, SinHof.
1464940485__mg_4209.jpg

Sandta said:
Looks like all is working as it should ;)
Yes this coming weather should provide for some great potential on our beaches :)

Should do hopefully, they are talking about 5-6 metre swells, king tides and short wave intervals. Could be the one we've been waiting for, there will be good hunting around here if it goes off, beaches have been sanded up for years.

Sixpence heaven Heatho, good to see the ground still producing some quality silvers for you. I mistakingly put my cracked forefinger in the citric acid last night whilst cleaning another sixpence, geez that stung for a while. :D

Goldpick said:
Sixpence heaven Heatho, good to see the ground still producing some quality silvers for you. I mistakingly put my cracked forefinger in the citric acid last night whilst cleaning another sixpence, geez that stung for a while. :D

Cheers mate, yeah still coming out slowly but surely, would have nabbed a few more I reckon if the rain held off.

I bet it stung, you wouldn't think a food acid could hurt so much but it does. :)

Hi Folks,
Yep it's all coming together with the 3030; Sandta, have you had a chance to play with your new toy since last Sunday's outing? and how are you going with the many and varied settings?
Cheers, SinHof.

SinHof said:
Hi Folks,
Yep it's all coming together with the 3030; Sandta, have you had a chance to play with your new toy since last Sunday's outing? and how are you going with the many and varied settings?
Cheers, SinHof.
Unfortunately i havent even turned it on since. I have glanced through the manual on setting up programs but not much more than that.

Hi Sandta,
Keep at it,I have a read of the user manual on a regular basis, learn something each time.Just about to head off to town and have a look how the beaches are being knocked about with this weather, will throw up some pics later.
Cheers, SinHof.

Hi Folks,
Just back from checking out what is happening around the local beaches, at this stage not a lot, the Met office are saying gale force winds gusting to 125KMH and potential severe beach erosion on the king tide later today; I guess we shall have to wait and see what has occured over night and in the morning, could be good.
A couple of pics of Merewether/Bar Beach taken at 2-30 PM today.
1465018916__mg_4223.jpg
1465019114__mg_4224.jpg

Treasure from today was not that great, got a few coins though. The beaches were really stripped hard, there was debris everywhere which made for difficult detecting. I hit Curl Curl first but it was atrocious so then went up to Long Reef where I took the pictures, check out the black sand too, quite a mineralised beach which can make it difficult to detect.

Got nailed by a larger wave, the detector got swamped and I had forgotten to put the headphone module connector waterproofing plug in, doh. Anyway should be alright, all the other waterproofing was good and it survived, bloody glad it's waterproof. Gonna leave that plug in for good now as I never connect headphones into the actual detector, I use the external speaker or the wireless module only.

1465201061_20160606_112629.jpg

1465201061_20160606_112633.jpg

1465201061_20160606_112649.jpg

1465201061_20160606_121323.jpg

1465201061_20160606_121327.jpg

1465201101_20160606_121329.jpg

1465201101_20160606_123134.jpg

1465201101_20160606_170522.jpg

1465201101_20160606_170529.jpg

Wally69 said:
Thought you might have detected yourself up an in-ground pool today Heath ;)

So much sand moved, there must be a good run of coins to be had. :p :p

Must be somewhere mate but it wasn't where I was. Hopefully golden hill replenishes over winter with the footy crowd, now that was a run of coins..... :D

still fuel money Heatho ,... don't give up yet ,... when you can't take another step, start running ! :D

rocketaroo said:
nice cut, must be old treasures in there.

You'd think so but I did about a 150m section and that was all I got. I did roughly the same area about 3 years back with the GPX and got $60 in an hour or 2, maybe I got most of it then. Was hoping for some rings but it just was not to be.

Might head out to another beach on a low tide when it settles down a bit. Will pick a more popular one for the next hunt. Pretty sure no one will beat me to it as the surf is so big you'd have to be insane to get in the actual water or too close to it.

Latest posts