Ctx Madness

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Sandta,
Never a truer word spoken!!!! now I know why you and a few of the others here are keen on beach hunting, must be the proximity to fish and chip shops.
Cheers, SinHof.

Ohhhhhhhh YES!!!!!!!!!! you know you.re in trouble though when you can.t remember why you,re getting excited, must be something to with "old timers disease", mind you I have only heard of this phenomenon.
SinHof.

THIRTY-SEVEN CENTS ,... We'll live like kings ! (ha)
At least you had your eye in on the targets SinHof. 8) :eek: :D

Just try to keep a mental note of all the junk targets ID numbers SinHof and the good targets too. With a bit of practice you can just cherry pick the good targets and leave most of the junk. Though there are exceptions, ring pulls and pulltabs are smack bang on the same ID's as small gold rings and aluminium bottle tops are the same as $2 coins. Once you have a good idea of the ID's you can really start to skip over some stuff and work quickly to just pull mainly treasure.

Sterling Silver is really easy to ID as are most pre dec coins. Also there is no need to really ever dig rusty iron again with the CTX unless you want to. :)

Still gridding the ol honey hole, the pre dec's just keep on coming, not so many moderns today, the Penny's and Half Penny's are starting to feel like just big old BB's..... Love the silvers though. :D

1463974452_20160523_131526.jpg

1463974452_20160523_131535.jpg

Its sad, when we get sick of digging pennies. Then some days your just itching to find one, to prove the site.

rocketaroo said:
Its sad, when we get sick of digging pennies. Then some days your just itching to find one, to prove the site.

Totally agree mate, they are great to find at new sites to prove there are PD's there but I have a whole tub full now from this site. :)

Hmmm just noticed a few coins in there that are not pennies, 99% in there are though.

1463983441_20160523_160154.jpg

1463983441_20160523_160209.jpg

Latest posts