Ctx Madness

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So ,.... insanity pays dividends !
But ,..... stay safe ,... good mods would be hard to come by ! ;)

Hit Harbord (Freshwater) beach today, results were better but still no jewellery, oh well $28.85 is better than nothing. :)

1465278579_20160607_142410.jpg

Picked this up as well so some poor bastard won't have their life potentially ruined, nearly put my hand on it. :( Junkies really are useless lowlifes.
1465278579_20160607_154433.jpg

Very nice Heatho. Touch wood I am yet to come across a spicky drug giver, always in the back of my mind though and a good reminder of what danger can be in the ground while chasing coins.

Cheers GW, yeah you do have to keep your eyes open. Would hate for a kid to step on something like that, I told the parents with kids at the beach to be careful, really sux having to look out for such things.

I think they should be made bright yellow or orange so they are easier to see when on sand like that, nothing is going stop the druggies from using so the manufacturers should do something in my opinion. On city beaches like these I'm always pretty careful, it's certainly not the first one I've found, probably about the 5th so far. :(

They be washing out of the rivers and getting pushed up on the beaches by the wind and wave action. :eek:

G' Day Heatho,
Mate you are so consistent with your finds, it's amazing, keep them coming.
Cheers, SinHof.

SinHof said:
G' Day Heatho,
Mate you are so consistent with your finds, it's amazing, keep them coming.
Cheers, SinHof.

Cheers mate, I did the dry area up behind the washaway yesterday, still got a few coins in the washed out areas but most was from the dry, I reckon half of those coins were recent drops from people sitting there watching the big surf.

I was the only person there with a detector.

You are a goldie magnet Heatho, pretty respectable tally for the day. I hate syringes, yet to see one on the beach and hopefully it stays that way. :/

Not all syringe use is by druggies per se (yes, diabetics use drugs, but usually not for recreation).....

Just sayin....(hides under a chair..lol)

Gypsy

Don't see many diabetics throwing there syringes in the gutter or drain or just leaving them where they fell asleep ;) Plenty of syringes around parks in Parramatta. Found 1 (saw 1) sticking needle up between train seats in town (Central rail station), now that was set up to get someone a beauty. I had my 6yr old niece with me also, that's the only reason I had my eye out for danger. Dead set pr*cks (pun intended). That's right Rocket, an aussie guy came up with a syringe that when the plunger is pushed down it then pulls the needle back into the syringe if trying to be reused. Govt wouldnt cough up the extra $1 per syringe to make Australia a safer place. Last time I was in Parramatta Park I found a spot with 6 syringes sitting on the ground behind a wall (obvious junkie hangout). On the wall was a sign that said "Don't discard needles here, There is a sharps bin in the Public toilets 200 meres away. Use it". Firstly, as if a junkie is going to read it and wake up from there nice little nap and walk 200 metres to use the sharps bin, they're lucky to remember to pull it out of their arm. Secondly, why would you bother drilling a wall and screwing a sign to it instead of screwing a sharps bin to it? Enough from me, stay safe guys, eyes open. Back to topic,

Cracka.

Gotout for about an hour this morning, thought I struck gold until I had a closer look. :( Bloody junk rings...... This one has been there a long time though, was totally encrusted with sand until I soaked it in citric acid solution for a few hours to reveal it's copper colour. I will hit this beach again over the next few days as I got quite a few goldies in a short amount of time and some 2c coins that were sunbaking on top of the sand.

Gotta be some real treasure there somewhere.

1465548496_20160610_183341.jpg

1465548496_20160610_183503.jpg

Latest posts