Ctx Madness

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bit of a hunt today, nothing exciting, justbread and butter. Maybe a silver pendant, looks and feels like silver but has no hallmark. The TID was about right for silver.

1442819803_20150921_152134.jpg

1442819803_20150921_152348.jpg

Looks like a goldie mine! Will have to get around to using the goldie program on the Etrac one day, uploaded one of the net just the other day. :)

Goldpick said:
Looks like a goldie mine! Will have to get around to using the goldie program on the Etrac one day, uploaded one of the net just the other day. :)

Easy enough to make your own programs with the auto accept/reject function, only takes a few minutes. The one I did was for goldies and 50c coins. One good thing is if you think you have a goldie among other junk targets you can quickly press the detect button to flip to the goldie pattern and easily isolate it among other junk, even more so if there is iron junk and it's in ferrous/coin setting. Though the goldie pattern with High Trash setting works great too.

I'm doing another program too for just Aussie treasure, been sampling in gold and silver rings, silver pre dec and goldies, just need a bunch more gold rings to sample and it will be done. Even though the stuff I have sampled has opened the screen up a bit it still rejects plenty of junk but still accepts a fair bit of junk now too.

With the goldie only pattern it pretty much only accepts goldies and aluminium screw caps. Great for junk infested sites where you can at least bring home some baconfrom without being driven mad.

rocketaroo said:
remember you pulling goldie hoards like that, with your magic aldi :)

You bet mate, the Aldi did very well on the goldies though it did miss a lot of them, especially $1 coins as they would overload it if too close and the detector would reject them. The CTX is way more refined and does not reject any at all and gets the deeper ones on odd angles, yesterdays haul was from another spot I'd done with the Aldi previously. The 11 inch coil on the CTX is a big help too though, can cover way more ground.

There are just so many people around here that the coins seem to replenish quite quickly.

Hit a different spot today, not far from the honey hole I've spent months at. This spot is only 5 mins from home too. Have hit it a few times and never done too well there and had found no pre dec at all. Today 2nd target got a sixpence and then started gridding the area. Plenty more to do here, have only done about a 50x20m area and found 2 patches of pre dec coins so far, now to find the rest of them. :cool:

Used the GPS function today for the first time also to keep track of the areas I've done.

1442907117_20150922_153534.jpg

1442907117_20150922_172638.jpg

Goldpick said:
Lovely Florin Heatho, pretty hard to put the tools down when you start hitting on some of those silvers. ;)

Thanks GP, sure is, was only going for an hour or 2 and time got away from me after finding silver lol.

Latest posts